The busy book: Tonka

While moving I needed something that would hold Bears attention once we were at the hotel.  Something that would allow him to move around without getting in the way.  His trucks and trains will do that, but not on a consistent basis.  While we were out shopping I saw this Tonka Busy Book.  It was exactly what I was looking for.  



I picked it up to look at it because the characters seemed to be familiar to me though I wasn't sure from where.  When I saw the page on Chuck, I realized that this was indeed the "The Adventures of Chuck and Friends" characters.  When Bear figured that out he grabbed it out of my hands wanting to dive right in.  



It starts with a short book of seemingly unrelated "stories."  I let him look through the book and only read it to him if he asks or if he seems to get bored with it.  That seems to redirect his attention back to the toy. 





It comes with 12 small vehicles/characters and an activity mat.




The wheels don't move on any of the vehicles as they are all hard plastic.   Little ones are less likely to break them.  They are also easier to clean.




The only downside is that the map is a bit too big for the storage spot.  It also needs to be folded up well or it doesn't fit.  (Read As Adult must fold up)  






That said, there is so much on the map that it holds his attention really well.  He keeps finding a new spot he focuses on.  One day it's the firehouse, the next day it's the houses.





We have found that on a table seems to work better than on the floor.  However, that could just be a preference for my kid.  Overall he really enjoys it. 





Bear Approved!   I may have to pick up another type for him since he likes it so much.


Comments

  1. This is so cute!! He seems so happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great line of books. Worth checking out for E when she gets a bit older.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?