Thursday, May 18, 2017

Kitchen Set Finds


My used toy finds lately seem to be never ending.  The saying is usually "you get while the getting is good."  There just seems to be plenty of amazing deals out there and these two toys certainly fall into that category.  


A little while ago, I was browsing the local second hand kids shop looking for deals.  I didn't find much as I thought everything is way over priced for the most part.  I did however find one decent deal.  The leapfrog picnic basket set. I cleaned it up and I don't think it looks half bad.  Two stickers needed to be removed.  I hate stickers on kids toys even if they are meant to be there.   The toy is meant for 6-36m so I figured it could be a good Birthday gift for Eve.   Paid:$5  New:discontinued so grossly over priced online.  I call that a win in my book.



Another kitchen related find was the leapfrog cook and play Potsy.  It's a 12-36 mo toy. I wanted this for Bear back when he was little, but I couldn't find it then.  Someone local was getting rid of their set and I gladly took it off their hands for a whole $10.  Bear saw it and joyfully freaked out. He wanted to play with it right away.  I cleaned up off, not that it needed it, before letting him try it out.  Let's just say this toy may cause some tears when Eve gets it for her birthday.  Thankfully she always seems willing to share with her big brother, at least for now anyway. This is missing the 2 cups and 2 utensils the blanket.  This didn't bother me as I felt the savings were worth it.  Paid:$5   New: $18


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these are too cute!!!! I'm on the hunt for a kitchen set for E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit hard to find cute kitchen set toys for 12mo+ age. Most seem to be for over 2.

      Delete
  2. We used to have that basket, it was a he hit!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?