Monday, May 22, 2017

Home Tour: Eve's Nursery


This poor abandon post has been sitting in my draft folder for months!  The house is currently empty, but I want to make sure that this gets posted as its Eve's Nursery.  The place she came home to and spent the first 9 months of her life in.  Better late than never right?



___________________________________________________________

I guess at six months old I should get around to doing this post.  I like many aspects of her nursery and the rest well, it is what it is.  The room as a whole is as good as its going to get while we live here.  I know it sounds terrible to say that, but lets face it, we are only here for a few more months.  At the next location I will take some extra time and care in how I unpack and set up her room.  There will hopefully be better closets or storage so it won't be so crowded.  Until then this will have to do.  Now with the lack luster intro to her room, here we go.


This is the smallest bedroom up stairs.  It worked for Bear (who was still in crib) when we moved in.  We did not want to have to take it apart to move it out of the room so we switched Bear to the other room.  This by default then became Eve's nursery.  When I started moving in all of the infant items we had scattered around the house it quickly began feeling cramped.  Understandably so with all the extras that come with her being the second child.  I think we did the best we could with what we have to make it work for her.


As you will see there is a LOT in there.


The closet is behind the chair.  I am not going to open it, but its not very big.  It is however very packed with stuff.  More than I care to share with the world.




The pictures on the wall behind the chair are some of my favorites.  They don't exactly fit the room per say.  What I love about them is that Hubby picked them out.  When I was looking for art for her room he didn't like anything I picked out.  We were walking around Target when he found these confessing that he loved the two pictures for her room.  How could I not use them.  I will make them work better in the next location, but they aren't as dark as the pictures make them out to be.



 I found the nightstand / table at a yard sale and thought it would work perfectly for this space.  I needed something there that I can use to put a drink down on it or her humidifier.  I really like the more ornate table for her that went along with her lamp.  To me it was a bit more feminine.




Like I said earlier, her crib is the same one that Bear used.  It was in great shape so there was no need to get a new one.  I did get new bedding.  I love her ruffled bed skirt.  I would like to put that on her toddler bed when she moves out of the crib.  The same goes for her sheets.


We needed artwork for the room that was cheap so we made the pictures above the crib.  We each made one.  I really like how they came out.  I hope she likes them too.  



There just so much in this corner of the room, but the basics are in this picture.  The labeled pic is from early on as you can see there is less on the cloth diaper holder.  


The cloth diaper holder is one of the best investments.  We did a bit of cloth diapering obviously and this just made storing them and accessing them so much easier!

I knew I wanted a mirror over the changing table.  I was hoping to find a bigger one, but I loved this frame too much to pass it up.  The plan that we never got to was to hang the bow holders and her yarn letter on either side of the mirror.  Next location maybe?


There are hints of the mint color in the scuff marks on the mirror that are hard to see in this picture.  I love it!


On top of the cloth diaper storage is sort of a catch all.  The wooden board was simply to keep the top from bowing.  Bear picked out a hat like his that covered the fact that we never trimmed the board to fit.  Oops!  Eve has acquired quite the doll collection already!  Thank you friends and family for this.  Some plush dolls/disney princesses, a toddler doll, Groovy Girl dolls, and a Jelly Cat Bashful Bunny.  There is also a bath toy (paw patrol's Everest) and her "piggy" Bank which is the fox.

 This picture was sitting up there as a well for a long time.  I got around to getting a frame for it just before taking the pics for this post.  This is one of my favorite things in the room. 


Overall, I am happy with how it turned out.  I will make some changes for the next location and as she gets older, but I am happy with the choices I made for her room thus far.  The decision to not pick up a bed in a bag style nursery was the best choice we could make!

6 comments:

  1. I love her room and all of the details. It's hard to believe it is all packed up now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is strange walking into her empty room now. I'm excited though to set it up in the next house whenever that may be.

      Delete
  2. Aww so sweet! I love the purple and real combo. The geometric art above the crib is super super cute. I feel like she could have that forever. I can totally see those in a teens room too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that a few things can stand the test of time.

      Delete
  3. I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?