Dear EV (May 2017 - Ten Months Old)



Dear EV,


Another month flies by!  How are you already 10 months old!  I wish I could freeze time!  Now would be the age I would keep you at if I could.  I love how you light up when you see family members, how you melt when we hold you up high then bring you back down for kisses, and just how eager you are to discover everything you can. 




That eagerness means that you don't like to sit still.  In fact, I think you crawl miles all over this now empty house every single day.  You have even started to climb!  I think you will be the one I worry most about with your fearless nature.  That trait I hope stays with you as you but doesn't give me heart attacks on a regular basis.  


I've mentioned before that you have a big personality.  That you know what you like, when you would like it, and nothing else will do.  This has become acutely present during this move.  For the most part, this hasn't been to back, but heaven help us.  The closer you get to bed time the more vocal you are about getting exactly what you want.  This can make for some long (and loud) evenings.  

I know this behavior is coming from two places.  The move is rough on us and we can fully understand it.  The second is from those dang top two front teeth.  You are chewing on everything lately which I am hoping will help those teeth work their way out once and for all!  The grumpy behavior will likely be short lived, but I just keep reminding myself of the saying "this too shall pass."  The good and the bad, it all passes.  



OK onto your current stats:

Weight: 18.63 lbs (birth weight: 6 lbs)* 

Length: inches (birth length: 19 in)*

*Done by us since you don't have a doctors appointment until you're 12 mo.




Diaper size: you and still in size 3, but you are moving up to size 4 very soon!  They are getting tight on you so we must move you up.  Though I don't think you have ever exploded a size 3.  This has more to do with that cute big belly and getting a good fit on you.



Clothing size:  I have moved you up to 6-9 mo clothing and wow was it long overdue.  Who knows you wouldn't practically fill out a sleeper lengthwise when we just moved you into it.  We will have to make it work for now as I do not want to have to move you up to the next size anytime soon.
 


Feedings/eating:
  You have a strong preference for real food.  You prefer a chunky or thick puree over a bottle of formula any day.  It has become a struggle to get you to drink enough ounces during the day.  Who know this would be the complete opposite of your brother.  I am hoping you start to take solids a bit easier as we introduce them more and more to you.



Likes: I handed you a spoon and since then you don't like to never go anywhere.  You like that more than any teething ring, or teething toy we have.  You chomp away on that spoon day and night!  The other toys you seem to like are the musical soccer ball, the push jeep, and the VTech cube that may become the death of me.  You also love this Netflix show of nursery rhymes.  It is our last ditch effort when we need some peace and quiet to get stuff done.  
 


Dislikes: 
 Clearly being confined is not your thing.  You also seem to really miss the swivel aspect of the exersaucer.  The pop-up one doesn't have that feature.  The transition to the pack and play has not been an easy one either.  You are however doing better with it as time goes on.   



 Standout moment(s):  This month one of my favorite things happened!  I walked into your room in the morning and you were standing up at the railing yelling.  There are tons of milestones you have gone through and plenty you will soon have, but this one, right here, is my favorite.  I honestly never thought I would get the chance since the room was filled with boxes of your stuff.  I assumed I would be seeing you do this for the first time in the pack and play.  I am so very happy to see you do this in your crib first though.  There is just something about the sight of you standing there with your huge smile that makes me melt.  I love it!  




Looking Forward:  I am looking forward to seeing you try to walk on your own.  You have started to try to stand independently which is going amazingly well, but I can't wait for those first steps.  



Love,

Mama

Comments

  1. She is getting so big! I can't believe it has already been 10 months.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?