A late Military Spouse Appreciation Day (link up)

The Friday before Mothers Day is Military Spouse Appreciation Day.  I am a day late in posting this due to our ETS Move.  That's military life for ya right there.  lol.  I am linking up with Amanda from Somewhere Over the Camo and Jen From Marathons and Dog Tags.  Great job ladies!

Here are their questions:


//Tell us about yourself and your blog.
//What branch of the military are you affiliated with?
//What is one thing you enjoy about the military lifestyle?
//What advice would you give other spouses who are new?
//Where have you been stationed?
//Do you work, go to school, volunteer, or stay home? 



I am Jenna the person behind this tiny little blog.  I am a Stay at home Mama to two little kids.  My son Bear is 3 and my daughter is 9mo so my hands are pretty full these days.  When I am not wrangling kids you can often find me in the kitchen cooking, working on a craft project or working out as I try to get back into shape post baby.  I write about all of that and more on Shallow Roots Living. 

My husband is (soon to be was) a Captain in the Army.  He is a Logistics Officer with 11 years of service.  We had an unexpected twist of fate that got us to where we are today.  Hubby is currently on terminal leave and he is getting out of active duty.  He will be moving to either the Reserves or National Guard in the coming months. 

I really enjoy the ability to see and experience new places because of the military.  I never would have thought that I would love some places as much as I have.  

"Bloom where you are planted" was a big saying from the older officer wives I encountered early on.  It isn't always easy to thrive in a location when you are stationed in a location away from everything you know and love.  However, when you do take the leap to get involved and venture out of your little town you can find things to do in almost any location.  Believe me, there is a lot of spouses that complain about places and simply exist there waiting for what is next.  Don't miss out on whats right in front of you. 

Having said that we really haven't been in too many desirable locations.  Hubby was at Fort Hood (Texas) while we were dating.  He was at Fort Lee (Virginia) when we got engaged.  While married we have been at Fort McClellan (ACRC position in Alabama), Fort Polk (Louisiana), and now Fort Meade (Maryland).   


I think that answers everything, now go click the links above to see some other awesome Military Spouses.



Comments

  1. I am in a similar boat as you with a 3 year old and a baby that just turned one. So I get that your hands are full. :) How did you like Alabama? We are from Huntsville (north Alabama), so we have always wanted to be stationed at McClellan if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the time it was just OK, but it was all situational. It was a great opportunity for sure and a great post for hubby. That said we have been hoping to find a spot in Huntsville. We love that area.

      Delete
  2. Duty stations are a tricky bunch. I get out and enjoy the things I like but I still have a preference ;) We have now experienced one of each: small town, big city, and overseas. It's fun to compare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh of course we all have those preferences of places we know we would rather be, the army just never sadly sent us to any of those places we really wanted to go to. It is interesting to compare each place. You really learn what you like and don't like.

      Delete
  3. I have a one year old and, when I read about your three year old and baby, all that I could think of was, "... but how is she finding time to blog?!" It's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... thank you. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that I have blogging app on my phone I likely wouldn't ever be posting on here.

      Delete
  4. What an interesting collection of duty stations! I totally recommend Reserves over NG. As a logistics officer, there's so many more job opportunities for him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its been interesting for sure. I believe that is where he is leaning.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?