Thursday, April 20, 2017

A Klip klop Castle Find

If you like to shop yard sales or sale sites, you will find that there are just times when there is a bunch of great finds.  That how it's seemed lately.  I'm not sure if it's just because it's PCS season or the nice weather is cause people to clean out their stuff, but wow.  So many great deals lately.  Last year I found a bunch of baby girl clothes, but this year it's a bunch of toys for Eve.  I tried to pick a few that she would like and this is one of them.




There was a bit of cleaning that needed to be done.  Not that it was dirty per say, there was just a bunch of dust on it.  I should have taken a duster to it first then a Clorox wipe.  I skipped that step and went right for the wipes and made a bigger mess of things.  What you can't see is that all the ramps have these mini grooves which help the horses walk.  The dust got wet and gunked up the grooves.  Something I won't do again.  



A bunch of people posted this same toy, but this one was in the best condition and even had the some extra horses.  The set new comes with two. I may or may not pick up another horse of two depending on how she likes them.


I mentioned the grooves before and they help the horses walk making the "klip klop" sounds. I haven't tried them on anything else like a cardboard ramp to see if they work there, but it didn't seem to matter to Bear.  He jumped right in and figured it all out quickly.  I'm sure Eve will pick up on it quickly.  



There are two stalls for the horses.  Bear assumed the middle part was also a stall and got a bit frustrated when Ariel wouldn't stay because it's a ramp out of the stall area.  



The carousel was a cute addition to it.  Bear couldn't figure out how to get them to stay in the carousel, so I know it's likely that Eve will as well.  There is a hole the horses mount onto.  Once I showed him he was able to do it himself.  He was getting flustered that they wouldn't just sit there and stay on when he spun the base.




While I bought it for Eve, she may have a fight on her hands over Belle.  Bear seemed pretty fond of that one in particular.  Maybe it just looked more like a real horse or that we had recently watched Beauty and the Beast, but wow was it a fight to get it back from him. 

The plan is to give it to Eve for Christmas since it is an 18 month old toy.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have no problem gifting toys I got used at this point.  Kids are expensive so I'll save money where I can, while I can.  This set cost me a whole $5.  I can't even get extra figures for that price.  It's a win in my book!

2 comments:

  1. Man, you find the greatest stuff! How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably the question I get asked the most lately. I just know what I am looking for and what its really worth to me.

      Delete

Your thoughts?