Monday, March 13, 2017

Half Meal Prep

Last week was a different take on meal prep.  
There were some freezer meals and some prepped meals.  
Overall, they all worked well.

Freezer Meals

Sausage and zucchini stuffed shells


Green Soup over rice (no pic, Sorry) 

Red Beans and Rice (no pic, Sorry)



Prepped Meals


Chicken Fajitas.  I added freshly diced tomatoes and avocados.  I skipped the tortilla chips this week,  but it would have added the needed crunch to meal.

Italian Chicken, tomatoes, and spinach over spaghetti squash.  It was just OK.  I loved how well the spaghetti squash held up, but the mixture was just OK.  It could have been because I used frozen spinach and not fresh, but I doubt it.

Sausage and Acorn Squash.  Normally, I just put the sausage mixture into the roasted and halved Acorn squash.  I just eat it out of the shell.  That wouldn't work for reheating though.  This worked just fine.  Ones we will repeat whenever the Acorn squash looks good.


The fresh meal we ate the day I do all my prep is usually a salad.  This week was no exception.  I used the left over odds and ends from the meal prep then added homemade baked spicy chicken nuggets.  


So not the best week food wise, but not the worst.  
We need to shake things up here food wise.  Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I have been slacking lately with meal planning and meal prep lately. I think because I'm in move prep mode and I just can't focus on anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?