Dear EV (Feb 2017 - Seven Months Old)




Dear EV,


How is my sweet baby girl already 7 months old!?!?  It just can't be possible, yet here we are. Slow down!  Really, it's too much for me.

Physically you have outgrown your bouncy seat and sleep and rock.  You decided to try to sit up in them so out they go!  It's sad, but it means you are getting big enough to have your own play area.  We have no idea where to put one.  I just know we need one for you soon. 


 You really prefer to be sitting up since you have pretty much mastered that skill.  The only exception is if the pups scare you.  You also have figured out how to gracefully catch yourself if you topple over.  You can even intentionally flip to your belly.  

To get around you are still rolling and pivoting until you reach your desired location.  You have tried pulling with your hand/arms, but can't seem to get traction with your legs just yet.  You are trying which is a good thing.


Eve, you like standing as well.  Any chance you get to do so you jump at the opportunity.  I wonder if you, like your brother, just prefer to walk than to crawl.  Time will tell.  


Current Stats:

Weight: 14 lbs 4 oz (birth weight: 6 lbs) *

Length: 26 inches (birth length: 19 in) *

*the measurements are ones we did since you do not have an appointment until you are 9 months old.


Diaper size:  You are really a size 3 in disposables, but I am trying to use up the last stragglers in the stash before moving on to the next size.  In cloth diapers size small still fit you really well.  I had to let it out a little bit but they still work for you.



Clothing size:  Eve you are gearing up for a big growth spurt.  I can just feel it.  The 3-6 mo clothes are hanging on still, but I don't think they will last much longer.  The sleepers aren't fitting to great so I should just move you up.  You are in a mix of those and 6 mo ones depending on the day.  The same goes for outfits. 



Foods tried:
Rice cereal, whole wheat, oatmeal,acorn squash, pumpkin, pears, butternut squash, carrots, black plums, and peas.


Feedings/eating:  I have never seen a kid love food so much.  You get super excited whenever I put you into the highchair


Likes: eating, sitting up on the floor playing, when your brother tries to play cars with you, sleep, car rides, being held, and books.  You know my favorite times from that list...

Dislikes:  When Bear takes your toys away from you, not feeding you fast enough, baths or more specifically water on your face, being in the car seat when it's not moving, being woken up from a nap early, puppies barking, and the doorbell ringing.


Moment(s):  I don't have a specific moment that stands out, but lately I find it adorable when you sit back in your exersaucer and just calmly watch everything that's going on.  Like you are just soaking it all in.  It's rare when you are calm so it's sweet to see.  

Correction.  I actually have one specific sweet moment.  You love eating.  It is by far one of your favorite parts of your day.  While out for dessert as a family, I was holding you and attempting to eat my ice cream with hot fudge.  One on of the last bites I stopped to say something to your brother.  With your mouth wide open you attempted to steal my bite but were just a bit too far away.  One day little one.  One day.



First Tooth:
  This month you cut your first tooth!  Not without a few tears and screams, but a tooth did pop out.  Your bottoms right tooth came out first.  Hopefully the second quickly follows.


Doctor Appointment(s):  You had a special appointment earlier in the month that I have been looking forward to for a while.  You got your ears pierced!  Everything went as planned and you even gave the Doc a big smile after she finished.



Looking Forward:
  I am looking forward to the time when I walk into your room after your nap or first thing in the morning and you are standing up holding onto the railing with that big grin of yours.  That will be a great day!



Love,
Mama

Comments

  1. I can't believe that she is already 7 months old! My E prefers sitting up as well, she hates laying down anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both are growing up too fast.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?