Outtakes from baking with a toddler

Normally when I am in the kitchen baking, Bear is at my feet.  He's getting in my way and just in general making it harder for me to quickly complete the task at hand.  This time I decided if he was insisting on getting in my way, I would put him to work.  I measure and poured all the ingredients and even did a very quick initial mix.  I could give him the mixer and just let him be.


He did a fantastic job!  He listened and more importantly followed every instruction without whining.  It shocked the heck out of me for sure. 


Daddy thought Eve should get in on the action.  He sat her down on the counter to watch and that's when things went from just being cute to something I will always remember.  Bear appeared to be explaining to Eve what he was doing.  It came out more as incoherent babbling with a few "Me Mix" and "eep movin" (keep it moving) thrown in. 




Eve loved hearing Bear talk and watching him mix the cake.  We were there for all of 20 minutes.  I assumed the cake was going to be terribly over mixed at this point even though he was on a very low speed.  


Bear even asked to help pour it into the pan for baking.  Once his job was done he ran off to play with his trucks.  Every now and then he would come running back to see if it was done.  When the cake was cooked through, cooled and frosted, we all had a piece.  Sorry Eve, one day you will join in too!  I figured it would just be an OK cake.  I was very wrong.  That little boy helped make one delicious cake!

Comments

  1. Haha i love this! I can't for E to get older so she can bake with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. I'm hoping to do in the kitchen with him soon.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was. I think the hand mixer made the difference.

      Delete
  3. Great job Bear! Letting my kids help in the kitchen is stressful but worth it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! We all had a lot of fun though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?