Sunday, January 22, 2017

Mary Berry Cookbook (Review)

Absolute Favourites by Mary Berry



My love for all things Mary Berry is well documented on here and when this cookbook came out I had to have it!  Much of what I love about her previous books also applies to this one.  She gives clear directions, uses easy to find ingredients, and has a good variety of dishes from appetizers through desserts.  Mary even includes standard measurements as well as metric which is a nice added feature.  Some highlights are her sections on fish and (obviously) tea time.  She has a variety of tradition and reinvented recipes.  

If I'm nitpicking here, her section on poultry and game could have been much better.  It was predominantly chicken recipes.  While they are delicious looking and sounding, she could have included more than one venison and couple of pheasant dishes.  I just feel she had an opportunity to show off some grouse, duck, or hare recipes to enhance the "game" section.  

Overall, I love this cookbook!  The few recipes I have tried to were delicious.    Ones I will use again and again and again.




This was delicious!





Mary Berry always looks like she is having a good time.

This was also delicious!!!
I love a book that looks pretty without the dust cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?