Saturday, January 28, 2017

Dear EV (Jan 2017 - Six Months Old)





Dear EV,


This month has been pretty eventful for you growth and ability wise.  You are sitting up on your own.  I do still feel the need put the Boppy behind you just in case.  When you get very excited you tend to forget everything and topple over.  You have been getting around by rolling places and turning on your belly in a circle.  Its like watching a baby roomba.    



Much like I have said in previous months, your big personality is coming through more and more.  Eve, you are my smile baby.  That big grin you get when you see us or like something is melts my heart.  You have also decided that slapstick humor, excited puppies, and weird faces are funny to you.  If a camera comes out you are all about it.  Snapchat is basically a lifesaver.  If you are losing it the camera and filters can make you stop crying almost instantly.  I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, but for now I will take it since it makes you happy.



OK onto your current stats:

Weight: 15 lbs 11 oz (birth weight: 6 lbs) 

Length: 25.5 inches (birth length: 19 in) 

 


Diaper size:  You are officially in size 2 diapers.  For cloth you fit perfectly in the charlie banana size small diapers.  You don't seem to have a preference in diapers thankfully.  I however think that cloth is a better fit on you.  The back gaps on the disposable so you are likely to leak out the back especially when you are playing with your feet.  

Clothing size:  Eve, you are in a mix of 3-6 mo and 6 mo clothing.  I suspect you will be in 6 mo clothing in the next 2 weeks if not sooner.  You are growing faster than I ever expected!  I'm sad every time I have to pack up clothes you barely wore because you outgrew it so quickly.  

Feedings/eating:  I moved you up to the larger size bottles and medium flow nipples.  This seemed to fix the problems you had when drinking.  You also started solid food this month. So far you have done rice cereal and oatmeal both made with formula.  Eating is preferred over a bottle!  I hope you stay that way.  There is only allowed to be 1 picky eater in this house at a time and your brother has that position filled!


Sleep:  Lately, you seem to protest sleep.  Napping for only short periods of time and waking up earlier than normal in the morning.  You are still, for the most part, your chipper self.  Though I don't know how much longer you can go on with these short naps.  The less sleep you get the grumpier you are.  This is clear a family trait.



Likes:  One of the top toys of the moment is a seahorse rattle toy that we use when we are out and about.  I believe that is because you can get a good grip on it unlike some of the other toys.  The mermaid set you got for Christmas is also big hit.  You like like the purse aspect most it would seem.  (You are clearly my child)  Solid food is one of the best things ever it would appear!  I can't wait to feed you more.  You also love the exersaucer.  I'm not surprised as you prefer to stand.  The exersaucer allows you to do that!


Dislikes:  You do not like it when your brother takes your toys away from you.  We are working on sharing.  The loud barks from the dogs can make you cry.  Water on your face is a sure fire way to tick you off.  This one makes baths just so much fun.  Above anything else you dislike being in your car seat without any movement.  If you are strapped into that its a matter of 2 minutes before you lose it.  I fear the day we end up in a traffic jam.  


Best moment(s):  The cutest moment by far this month was your brother coming over to play with you.  He sat there entertaining you for a full 15 minutes before he walked away.  You were laughing and giggling the whole time.  When Bear walked away you began to cry.  No one, but Bear could console you.  Eventually something else caught your attention, but it was sweet to see you show preference for your big brother.  


Another great moment happened when attempting to bake a cake with your brother.  You daddy brought you over to get in on the action.  Bear started to talk to you about what he was doing.  You seemed very captivated by whatever he was saying.  It was a sweet moment I won't soon forget.  


Doctors Appointments: You have not had your check up yet, but I'm assuming it's going to be pretty standard. 

*Update after appointment - you are in track so we only need to bring you in again at 9month old for a well baby check up.  Yay!  


Looking Forward:  I am looking forward to you getting your ears pierced!  We have pretty earrings for you.  




Love, 
Mama



4 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is already 6 months old. I love her smile, it's precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! She is growing to fast.

      Delete
  2. Ooh her earrings are pretty! I haven't pierced my daughter's ears yet but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubs actually picked them out! He did a great job!

      Delete

Your thoughts?