1 c oats
2/3 c coconut flakes, toasted and cooled (microwave in a glass dish about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds--keep a close eye on it!)
1/2 c ground flaxseeds
1 T chia seeds
1-2 T Brewers yeast
1/3 c honey
1/2 c peanut butter
1 t vanilla
1/4 c mini chocolate chips
1/4 c dried cranberries
1. Combine oats through brewers yeast in a medium bowl and stir until mixed well.
2. Add in honey, peanut butter, and vanilla, and stir until incorporated.
3. Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries.
4. Chill in fridge about 30 minutes, form into approximately 1-inch balls, and store in an airtight container for up to a week (if they last that long!).
Strawberry Barley Water
1/2 c pearl barley, rinsed
1 1/4-inch chunk of ginger
2 c frozen strawberries
honey to taste
1. Combine barley and ginger in large saucepan. Add 8 cups of water, bring to boil over high, then reduce head to low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
2. Add the strawberries and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and break up strawberries with a potato masher.
3. Strain the mixture into a pitcher (mesh sieve works well here). Add honey to your preferred level of sweetness, stir well, and discard the solids.
4. Store in the fridge for several days. Best served cold, and can be mixed with sparkling water for a little something extra!
B writes over at Then There Was We, where she discusses life as a military spouse, toddler mama, and full-time stepmom to a school-ager, as well as everything else under the sun. You can follow her on Pinterest for many recipe and parenting boards, or on Instagram where she tries to put those pins into action.
B @ Then There Was We