Homemade Toilet Tabs

A few weeks ago, I was talking to my friend about the homemade bath bombs my husband had made for me.  When I told her what he used she said she had most of that on hand.  I obviously asked her what she was making with citric acid and she told me toilet tabs.  I asked for the instructions and off I went to make it.  They seriously work better then anything I have used here.  I don't see me using anything else.



You need Citric Acid, Baking Soda, and Dish Soap.



Measure 1 cup of baking soda.  I made a double batch so the quantities look off.



The big box of baking soda can be found at your local store.



I got this bag off of amazon as anything purchased in store was grossly over priced!



Add 1/4 cup of Citric Acid.



Again I made a double recipe.



Mix the two together.  I found a whisk works best.



Drizzle one tablespoon of dish soap over the mixture, 
then whisk it until it is fully incorporated. 



This is what the mixture should look like.



This is what we hubby found at the hardware store to press the molds.
It is a piece of 2 inch PVC hub adapter and a 2 inch dowel rod.
The dowel rod need a bit of sanding, but it works great.



Add the mixture to the hub







I had hubby compact it



Then press it out into a tray lined with parchment paper.



They need to be flipped after a bit so they don't stick to the try.


Store in closed container. 

To use: drop on in toilet and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.

Use toilet brush to scrub then flush to rinse.





Comments

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?