EV's Birth Story (Part 1)

This has been a long time coming so here you go...
____________________________________

In the weeks leading up to EV's birth, I had been going to twice weekly NST's (non stress tests), weekly growth sonograms, and fluid level checks.  While the baby was growing on target and meeting the standards, my body was starting to show more and worsening signs of pre-eclampsia (Pre E).  Something I had already experienced with my previous pregnancy with Bear.  However, from the beginning of this pregnancy I had always been told it wasn't a matter of if I would get Pre E, but when.



The days prior to her birth were stressful. Baby Girl was barely passing the NST's, but her sonograms were looking perfect.  It didn't help that the multiple doctors I was seeing did not agree when they thought she would make her entrance into the world.  The doctors said anywhere from 37 weeks to 39 weeks.  Throughout this whole time I had been in and out of the hospital no less that half a dozen times because of pre-eclampsia symptoms.  I was stressed and concerned to say the least.



After my last trip to the hospital, two of the OBGYN's called my MFM (maternal fetal medicine) doctor individually.  They wanted both wanted to discuss delivering the baby early.  They managed to pull some string and get me a teaching spot at the hospital for later that week.  It was going to be an early morning, but I was super excited to know the end was near.

This was the last pregnancy picture for EV's pregnancy.  It was taken the day before her delivery.  We took Bear out to Red Robin knowing we wouldn't get out much after the baby was born.



Later that night my In-laws came to watch Bear as we had to head to the hospital super early in the morning.

_____________________________


Stay tuned for part 2 of EV's birth story, but right now duty calls.

Comments