Dear EV (Sept 2016 - Two Months Old)




Dear EV,

Another month has flown by.  I still can not believe how much of an easy going baby you have been so far.  I hope this never changes.

You have grown so much over the past month.  Physically you are moving up in clothing and diaper sizes.  Which frankly is a huge shock to me as your brother lingered in sizes longer than any kid I know.  Others like your uncle and grandparents see this growth more than I do.  When you are around someone all the time it's hard to notice some of the smaller changes.  However, people are quick to point out how much you have grown to me.  On the flip side, strangers (and your aunt Li) also seem to comment on how tiny you are.  Considering you were 6lbs at birth and all your cousins were at least 2-3 lbs bigger than you I can understand them saying this.  To me though you were and are a big baby.  A solid 2 lbs heavier than your brother at birth and I would not be surprised if you one day caught up to him.  Please don't take this the wrong away.  I love the fact that I don't need to worry about you gaining weight and not being on the growth chart.  You have been holding firm at the 20th percentile pretty much across the board.  The cute chunky baby rolls don't hurt either.   


EV you have been giving me little peeks into your personality more and more this month.  Your patience continues to better than mine has ever been.  I can also see that you have the same overly expressive face that your brother has.  You got that one from me which means people can read you like a book.  Let me warn you in advance, that pouty face, while adorable, will get you no where with me.  I can't say the same for your father.  


Speaking of your father, could you lighten up a bit on him.  I know you have spent 98% of your life with me, but he wouldn't mind some time with you when you don't lose your mind crying when he holds you.  I get it.  I really do.  He was sick the first two weeks, then we had lots of company.  Now his hand is hurt.  It all means he doesn't get much time with you.  So really please be kind to him when does get to hold you.  If you can stay ├╝ber calm for Uncle S, you can be calm for him.  


You are also showing a clear love of Duke.  He was of course my dog before you were born, but that doesn't seem to matter to him now.  He checks on you regularly and really dislikes it when you cry.  I can't wait to see how he reacts to you the more active you get.

Bear is also showing you tons of affection lately.  He randomly gives you kisses, says "awe" and asks to hold you.  I hope you two continue to get along in the future.  Time will tell on this one.  For now I am soaking it all up.


 

Finally, you are sleeping in your crib!!!  Again!!! After a rough and I mean rough 2 weeks you are back on a normal schedule.  You seemed to want to be up all night and sleep all day.  You also demanded to be held pretty much 24/7.  Nothing less was acceptable.  You loudly voiced your protest when I did anything different!  It could have been anything from growth spurt to not nursing enough, but we made it through.  I'm so glad to have you back on your normal routine acting like the baby I know!!!  Sleep does wonders for both of us.




OK onto your current stats:

Weight: 10 lbs 13 oz (birth weight: 6 lbs)*

Length:  22.5 inches (birth length: 19 in)*

* Your two month appointment (October 4th) was later than expected so I will fill this in when we get the number.  All I know is that you have definitely grown!

Diaper size: You were in Pampers Swaddlers Newborn for part of this month.  All I can say is that I am extremely happy to be done with them!  They were leaking way too much!!!  You are now in Huggies Size 1 disposables.  Newborn Cloth diapers also fit well so you remain in those as well.





Clothing size:  You are in a few different sizes depending on what is clean at the time.  You are in mainly Newborn clothing, but I do put you in some 0-3m or 3m clothing as the summer stuff will be obsolete here in a few more weeks.  You are also exclusively in 0-3m or 3m sleepers.  You have gotten too long for the Newborn ones.  This makes me incredibly sad.  Stop growing so fast!  I'm also dreading having to sort (keep or sell) the clothes you have outgrown.  


Feedings/eating:  You are still nursing like a champ.  Every time I keep wanting to switch you to formula, my laziness takes over.  I don't like the added dishes from bottles or pump parts.  Especially not when I'm the only one who can do them since your dad hurt his hand.  The day will come when I will switch you over, but that day just isn't today.  I am thinking that you should start taking at least a bottle of breast milk every few days to make that transition easier for you.


LikesTummy time is one of your favorite things.  You are working on rolling over both from back to belly and belly to back.  You have mastered rolling over from belly to back recently.  It is not just by moving your head to one side.  It is an intentional movement when you have had enough of tummy time.  If I turn you back over you roll repeatedly until I call it quits.  The belly to back roll isn't quite there yet.  You stop on your side and find that good enough.  

You also love your swing and car rides.  Since we travel a bit this makes the long car trips that much easier.  As long as you are moving you are content for hours.



DislikesYou dislike it when the pups sniff your face or when Bear attempts to put a paci in your mouth to quite you down.  I don't blame you with that last one as he doesn't have the gentlest touch.  I will give credit where credit is due, he does try to be gentle with you.  


Moments after he tried to get her to be quiet by making funny faces.  Sorry Bear, she is just too young to get your humor.  


Funny moment(s):  You make the cutest exaggerated frown when you don't get what you want.  I suspect that you will use this face in the the future much like your brother.  You will be happy to hear that it works for him with your father so it will work like a charm for you.  Who am I kidding, it already does.


Doctors Appointments:  Like I mentioned earlier, your two month appointment was pushed off a week, but you did have a few things going on.  While we didn't go to the doctors for this, you did get a bad heat rash on your back, chest and face/head.  They had no opening so I asked around to some friends for a cure or at least some relief for you.  It didn't seem to bother you at all, however it looked terribly uncomfortable to me if I were in your shoes.  Thankfully, a baking soda and water mixture wipe down and some time in just a diaper cleared it up.  Round two of heat rash was cured just as easily as the first.

You also had something going on with your right eye.  When I called the nurse she said it was likely a clogged tear duct, but that there were no openings since it is not an emergency because your eye lid was not swollen nor red.  They could try to fit me in if home remedies did not work or more symptoms showed up.  As instructed I used a warm compress which made a bit more gunk form in the inner corner, but I suppose that's the point.  A friend also suggested after following the doctors orders to put a couple of drops of breast milk in your eye.  Between the two your eye seemed to get better.  I will mention it at your next appointment just to make sure.


Looking Forward:  Longer stretches of sleep in your own crib.  We both need a few good nights of sleep.  I'm not even asking for the whole night, just a good 5-6hour stretch in the evening hours.

I am also excited to have scheduled your Baptism.  Ok maybe that's an exaggeration, but your father seems excited for it as does your God parents.  That in return makes me happy.  I am truly excited that we don't have to take the silly class to get you Baptized!  There will be more on this whole Baptism stuff another day in another post instead of this letter to you.


Pictures




  


This one is my favorite of the two of you thus far!


Love,

Mama


Comments

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?