Dear EV (Aug 2016 - One Month Old)



Dear EV,

Wow has this first month with you has just flown by.  I feel like I will be writing that in each and every one of these letters to you.  Let me start by saying you are a dream of a baby!  I would have 10 more if they would be just like you.  OK maybe not, but I do greatly appreciate your relatively laid back temperament.  This obviously comes in handy for me as you are after all, the second child.  I have someone else vying for my attention besides just you.  



  What I love is that you make it pretty clear exactly what you want.  For example, if you are hungry you give a few whimpers or a short cry then wait.  If not responded to in a timely manner you give a bigger warning and wait once again.  It is then that you will lose your ever loving mind since you have not one but two warns that you wanted food.  You do this with everything from a diaper change to wanting to be held.  All the basic newborn needs.  Clearly you already have more patience than your brother and I combined.  Thank you for this!



You are also showing us how very strong you are.  You hold you head up extremely well for someone so small.  It helps that you seems to love being on your stomach.  Tummy time with you is a breeze!  Along with that you are almost rolling over which surprised the heck out of me.  EV you have masters rolling from your stomach to back but you struggle to go from back to belly.  It doesn't stop you from trying.



Unfortunately, it isn't all roses with you.  Where I am struggling is putting you in your crib to sleep.  EV, you LOVE to be held.  Most of the time this isn't too much  of a problem.  When it comes to bedtime though, you seem to fight me extra hard to even stay in the sleep and rocker next to my bed.  This is not and will not be a co-sleeping house hold so give up little one.  It is a battle you will not win.  I am happy that you are tolerating it better each and every day.  Until then I will try to enjoy those snuggles even at 4 in the morning.  



Speaking of sleep I am enjoying the longer stretches of sleep you are having. You prefer to sleep on your side.  If given the chance you will wiggle yourself onto your side if possible. You also seem to like sleeping on your stomach, especially when being held.  This could be the reason you don't like your crib, swing or sleep and rock because you lay on your back there. 



Your older brother, Bear, is pretty OK with you for the most part.  He comes up to you and says "awe" or asks if you are OK when you are crying.  For the most part however he is not bothered by your presence.  



The pups on the other hand are acutely aware of the new little person in the house.  Duke has become your protector.  He often sleeps by your swing in the living room.  He also gets panicked whenever you cry.  Duke will run over to get my attention if I'm not fast enough for his liking.  Coco seems to be warming up to you.  She doesn't seem to mind another kid at home, but she also has always been sort of Bears' dog.  I'm guessing Duke will be more of yours when you get bigger.






OK onto your current stats:

Weight: 8 lbs 12 oz (birth weight: 6 lbs)

Length: 21 inches (birth length: 19 in)

Diaper size: Pampers Swaddlers Newborn.  Soon we will move into newborn cloth diapers.

Clothing size:  Newborn for everything. Much like your brother you will out grow your clothes 

Feedings/eating:  You are a breastfed baby which is still shocking to me.  How long this will last who knows.  You have gotten a few bottles of formula.  As long as you are fed you could care less how or what it is.

Likes: movement; specifically rocking, swinging, and car rides.  Being held at all times!  Music and being sung to.  I apologize in advance for how terribly I sing.

Dislikes:  you seem to think its torture to  be in your car seat when not moving.  A dirty diaper is the worse thing in the world to you.  As are hiccups, which you have had almost every day of your life.

Funny moments:  EV I'm sorry to have to share this as it is very un-lady like, but sweetie, you explosively poop and loudly fart.  It is so loud your Uncles have heard you over the Xbox mic across the room.  It is something I hope you outgrow. 

Doctors Appointments: aside from the standard 1 week, 2 week, and 1 month appointments you also had a sonogram on your hips.  Since you were breech for so long they just wanted to make sure your hips were formed and working correctly.  Thankfully you are the "picture of perfection" according to the doctor.  I'm glad nothing is wrong.



Looking Forward:  To more awake time from you as well as holding your head up on your own.  Sadly that all means your getting bigger.  I want to bottle you up and keep you this little!

Comments

  1. I can't believe she is already a month old, time has certainly flown by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so precious. I can't believe it has already been a month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too fast for my liking! I want her to slowdown.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?