Drowning in Kids Clothes

I'm cleaning the nursery still.  I feels like every step forward there is 2 steps back.  However I know stuff is getting done, it just takes time.  It also means I'm making a bigger mess before it looks clean and organized to me.  

The biggest task and the messiest task by far has been going through all of the girl clothes.  Baby Girl has just so many clothes.  She has some of every size from Newborn up through size 8.   I would say everything from 2t and up are all hand me downs from family and friends.   Everything below 2t are things I picked up from yard sales, store sales and even more hand-me downs.  I'm grateful we have so many people that love our little girl already that they have passed along their girl clothing.  However, it is A LOT of clothes to go through!  


This is the laundry I have left to do.  They are sizes 12mo, 12-18mo, 18mo, 18-24mo, 24mo, 2t, 7, and 8.  I also have some of each size on the floor of the bedroom.  Once washed and folded I will add them to the correct piles and see what I have.  

I know I didn't need to go through it all now, but I just felt the clothes needed to be washed, sorted, and stored before baby arrived.  I don't know that I would have had the space to do this after Baby Girl was born.  Let alone the time to actually do it.  If we weren't moving all the time things may have been different.  I may have just washed them and tossed them back into the bins for long term storage in an attic or something.  However, I found putting them in space saver bags keeps things more organized and dreaded packing tape off my bins.  

So here is a peek inside the nursery with Baby girls clothes everywhere! 




Each line or pile is a different size.




From here I moved them to piles to make space on the floor for me to work.  Hindsight being what It is I should have done this from the start, but I didn't.




Next I went through each size and separated the clothes into summer and winter.  For the smaller sizes that I think we will need here I put summer and winter into separate small bags.  I'm not sure is she will be like Bear and need both summer and winter for each size like he did.  So if she just needs one we have it.  The larger sizes, despite being divided into summer and winter as well all went into a single bag. 




I finally got to the point of having gone through all of the smaller sizes meaning I can actually bag them up!  If I get a few items here and there I can always add them to the bags with little problems.  Thankfully it's all starting to go into bags which makes me very happy right now. 

It is a huge undertaking to get it all done as quickly as possible especially since we have company coming to visit in just a few short days.  Ideally, I like to have it all bag up and put it away.  In reality I may not make it to that point, but I want to get as much as I can done!

I'm happy to be blessed with such an over abundance of girl clothes for our littlest one.  There are lots and lots of staples in there and a great place to build off of.  This will save us a ton of money in the long run. 

Bear was not left out of the clothing hand-me-downs.  Family and friends passed down several more bags of clothes for him as well.  Though those can wait.






Wish me luck that these get done sooner rather than later!


Comments

  1. She will definitely be prepared in the clothes department haha. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah she has a little bit of a wardrobe started lol

      Delete
  3. I'm in the same boat! I really need to sell some stuff. Or donate. SOMETHING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have SO MUCH STUFF for her that as soon as she out grows it I want it, I want 90% of it gone. Much like I did with Bears clothes recently I will keep the best of the best and sell the rest.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You never have to go shopping again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels that way but with her likely being a preemie I will be interested to see what seasons match up with what size she is in. Or what location the Army sends us next if what we have will work.

      Delete
  5. Geez louise that's a lot of clothes!!! Looks like you all are almost all set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a full wardrobe that's for sure. We do need PJ's for her as this is mainly outfits but it works none the less.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?