Thursday, June 9, 2016

Bump update (30 weeks)


How far along:
I am in my 30th week of this pregnancy.

Baby is the size of...


Total weight gain/loss:
I'm up a whole 7lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Doc says it's just fine and I'm pretty happy as I could have sworn up and down that number would be much higher.

Maternity clothes:
Yes and no.  I am in maternity pants, capri and shorts when I go out.  I have a few maternity tops but I'm not really wearing them because I haven't had a need to.  There are several shirts in larger sizes from target that I can get by using until baby comes.  At home I am wearing my normal running shorts and old t-shirts just to be comfy.  

Sleep:
Sleep is the hardest thing for me lately.  My hips are killing me, but there is very little I can do about it until baby is born.  Sleeping basically sitting up is about the only think that is helping even a little.

Movement:
Tons!!!!  She moves way more than Bear ever did.  Baby Girl never seems to never stop moving.

Best moment this week:
Making it to 30 weeks.  We know baby girl will likely come early.  The big problem is that we have no idea how early that will be.  Getting past 28 weeks was the first big hurdle to pass.  Next is 32 weeks, then 34 weeks.  At 34 weeks the risk of disabilities are the same as that of a full term baby.  The risk of difficulties also decrease at that point.  So fingers crossed and prayers baby stays put until at least July.

Food cravings:
I haven't had many of these all pregnancy, nor did I the first time around.  I have been eating more pasta salad and fruit if I had call anything a "craving."

Anything making you queasy?
Food wise, Kimchi makes me sick instantly for smelling it.  

Have you started to show?
Yes, holy cow yes!  This bump is bigger than with Bear.  I am clear very pregnant. 

Gender predictions:
She is still a she.

Labor signs:
I hate to say it, but yes.  I have had several contractions every day for the past few weeks.  The doctors are not concerned by this since everything else seems to be as it should

Belly button in or out
Belly button is in but it could come out depending on how long we make it.

Wedding ring on or off
The wedding ring is off.  It is a bit too tight for my liking so why force it when I have a plain band for that very reason.  

Latest appointment:
I have another appointment in a few days. At my last appointment took and passed my glucose test.  My BP is holding firm in a normal range.  All good things.  One the flip side the contractions have me nervous.  


What are you looking forward to:
Finishing the nursery!   We are getting closer and closer and every day.  I love seeing it come together.


6 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with the rug in her room, I may have to purchase it for Emersyn's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from target and I got it when there was a sale making the price that much better. I think I also used one of those online completion coupons which just sweetened the deal.

      Delete
  2. Almost there! But hopefully not too soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. We are hoping to make it to at least 34 weeks.

      Delete

Your thoughts?