Favorites on Friday

Another Friday is upon us and I have several new favorites to share with you all!



1.  Ice cream maker.  I honestly have no idea how I ever lived so long without one.  Granted, we have only made sorbet with ours, but it is the best stuff ever!

Anyone have any good ice cream, sorbet, or frozen yogurt recipes they are willing to share with me?!?!?



2.  Warmer weather.  I love the winter, don't get me wrong.  There is just something about the beginning of spring this year that seems to have brought with it this rejuvenating quality.  Be it the energy boost of the second trimester or the yearning to get out and do things!  On those warm days you can find me and Bear outside or at the park.


Even on some of the gloomy days the outdoor time is needed.  We took the opportunity to go to the park with the one of the afternoon it wasn't pouring outside.



3. Mossimo tee shirts (from target).  The warmer weather means no more bulky sweaters or hoodies.  I love getting to toss on a tee shirt and jeans and not be sweating or freezing.


These are spring, summer, and sometimes fall staples for me.  I have a bunch of different colors in both crew and v neck shirts.  They last more than a single season and haven't faded in color!  The price, especially when on sale can't be beat!  



4.  Netflixing "Bones" and "Scrubs".  I have no idea how I had not seen either of these shows when they first came out.  Sure I've seen them here and there, but I never watched them anywhere close to being able to pick up in the running plot lines. I started each show in order and now I'm hooked!  Bones I have been watching for a few months and am now on season 9.   This show is obviously harder to watch as I am limited to nap times or after Bear is in bed for the night. Scrubs I just started watching a few weeks ago, but have made it to season 3.  Both great shows!
Next on my list is to watch, really re-watch, is Gilmore Girls.



5.  New shoes!  They aren't fancy new heels or even cute summer sandals.  What I really needed was new running shoes.  My old ones have seen better days and have needed to be replaced for months.  In fact I was not looking for shoes when I found them.  I'm not even allowed to do much of anything during this pregnancy (high risk).  However, they were cute, comfortable, and best of all on sale! 


After this baby comes these shoes are going to get lots and lots of use!  This mama wants her body back and I'm not letting anything stop me!



6.  Bare Minerals Mascara and MAC lip gloss.  My go to makeup items have always been a nude lip gloss and my favorite (non waterproof) mascara.  Anytime I'm running out of the house I feel instantly put together with a few swipes of mascara and a touch of lip gloss.  It makes me feel better if nothing else.


I've flip flopped with mascaras for the longest time.  I have naturally long thick lashes, but it's finding a formula that didn't make me look like I always had fake lashes on.  Something I oddly get asked more than I ever thought I would.  I got a sample of bare Minerals mascara with a some holiday pack, but hadn't used it until recently.  Travel size or trial stuff I typically leave for travel or special events.  About 3 weeks ago, I ran out of my cover girl mascara and figured it couldn't be that bad of a mascara.  I haven't gone back since!  This is my new mascara.  I bought a full size one so I can save the travel one for any trips we take.  I'm done trying new ones for the time being.

As for lip glosses/chapstick, I use one of two.  Chapstick is always Eos, preferably in a the stick over the ball shaped one.  For lip gloss its typically nude.  It's usually always MAC C-thru(pictured) or underage.  I'm on my last tube and need to see if they even still carry it.  


What have you been loving lately?


Comments

  1. There is nothing quite like homemade ice cream! It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how did i ever live without it?!?!

      Delete
  2. I love our ice cream maker. It's the best investment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so! They are the best invention ever for us right now.

      Delete
  3. Those t-shirts looks super comfortable! I've been binge watching Grey's Anatomy and I've already decided I am re-watching Gossip Girl when I finish. LOVE that series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?