Green Soup Recipe
To start make a roux using 4 Tablespoons of flour and 4 Tablespoons of butter.
Add 8 cups of chicken stock, mix well.
Add 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch, mix again.
Add a 1/4 cup or more of each; diced carrots, green bell pepper, mushrooms, and dry onions. We found that freezing the mushrooms keep them from turning to mush. I also do not like onions so I substituted dry onions for onions powder.
simmer covered for 30 minutes
Add 3/4 teaspoon of white pepper (to taste) we opt out of this as I can't handle spicy food. Also add 1/2 salt which is optional but we omit if using regular stock verse low sodium stock. Finally add a heaping tablespoon of curry.
Mix well then simmer covered for 30 minutes.
While this is cooking away make white rice according to the directions.
In a bowl, add cooked rice and top with green soup. *freezer directions below*
Green soup recipe
• Make a roux using 4 TBSP butter and 4 TBSP flour
• add 8 cups chicken stock, mix
• add 1 TBSP cornstarch, mix
• add 1/4 cup (or more) each; diced carrots, diced green bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, and dry onions.
• simmer covered for 30 minutes
• add 1/2 tsp of salt (optional), 3/4 tsp of white pepper (to taste), and 1 heaping TBSP of curry powder.
• simmer covered for 30 minutes.
• make rice according to directions
• in a bowl add rice and green soup.
To store, ladle green soup into freezable container without rice. Label and freeze. To Defrost put in fridge overnight or heat on low upside down with a splash of water. Cook fresh rice and serve.