An Unexpected Purchase

A little over a week ago I peeked outside and saw this...


Our 5 year old glass patio table shattered into a million pieces.  There is nothing there that would indicate a reason for a break.  Only a foot long twig and a Frisbee that was on the deck for over a month.  Nothing one would think would like a baseball or rock.  

Our best guess was the relatively drastic change in temperature.  Within a week we had 2 inches of snow and then into the 80's.  The constant 40 degree temperature swing between day and night could have done it in a short time couldn't have helped.  All we know for sure is 6 days prior to the first picture the patio table looked like this...


Covered in snow but in one piece.  Oh well, the table is gone and there is nothing that can be done.  

Since we had company coming we needed a replacement sooner than later. I searched and after a little bit, I passed along my findings to Hubby to get his opinion.  Initially, I was only looking for a table replacement until I found this IKEA outdoor dining set.


We all piled into the car and went to the store to pick it up our new outdoor dining set, Some assembly required.







With Six chairs complete we moved on to the table.








There you have it!  Our pretty new table and chairs. No glass this time around.  For added protection we even bought a cover for it!  Our deck isn't covered so this will be useful.




Comments

  1. I do love the new table, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new table! I hope we live close to an IKEA next, I love that place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?