Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A blast from the past

A while ago my dad asked me to help him by cleaning out the attic of all my stuff.  At this point I've gone through half of it in about a year.  Not that there is a lot up there, I just pick the worst times to do this.  Mainly because we visit when it's 12 degrees outside in the middle of winter and I'm getting yelled at that I'm letting all the heat out.  Reverse that for the summer.  Regardless, it's getting done.

Among the things deemed trash, and rodent activity there were some interesting finds.  Old children's books, teaching tools from college, and even old toys from my brother and I.  Things I haven't seen in years!  I was going to toss these McDonald's Play Food into the garage sale bin when hubby reminded me that we are giving Bear a kitchen set for his upcoming birthday.  These could be some extra play food for him to use.  If it busts or breaks or gets lost who cares.  I cleaned them all up and while they don't look brand new, I'm positive Bear doesn't even care.   









While I did not intentionally keep these for my kid, I'm glad I found them.  Have you kept or found old toys for your kids or future kids?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He is loving playing with these!

      Delete
  2. Haha, yes because a lot of that stuff is worth money!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't lie, I did price these out on ebay prior to giving them to him, but Bear caught me in the middle an seemed too excited for me to sell them. Glad they weren't worth too much.

      Delete
  3. Those are so cute! My parents saved some of my toys and have slowly been mailing them all to me. My daughter found my old Barbies and LOVES them and my son's best stuffed friend was mine from childhood. I love sharing my memories with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another 2 boxes to go through so I am interested to see what is in there! I hope there are some hidden gems in there I'll want to seek for our little ones.

      Delete

Your thoughts?