Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Currently I am...

It's been an interesting few weeks so I figured one of these random current posts would be a great idea right about now.


Waiting - I feel like this is all I have been doing lately.  Waiting for doctors appointments. Waiting for Hubby to come home to help me lift something.  Waiting for nap time.  Waiting for a day when this pregnancy gets easier.  Frankly, I'm sick of waiting.  However, I just need to learn some patience.  Learn to not be going all the time.  There is a time to be busy and I time to rest.  I guess this is my time to rest or so it would seem.

Cooking - Comfort food.  Lots of easy soups, stews, and Cajun/Creole have been at the top of my lists.  They are easy to make and packed with flavor.  I keep trying new ones starting with Lasagna Soup.




Buying - A LOT!  Bear got his new bed and dresser which he needed.  His old crib and dresser will become the new Baby's stuff.  We also have picked up several items for the new baby as well.  Just the basics as we have most of what we need.  When we find out the gender I am sure we will be buying up a storm.



Watching - The show "Bones."  I have only seen episodes here and there of this show before I started watching it recently.  All of the shows I have been watching on Netflix I've caught up on.  I needed a new show until then so I started Bones.  It's much better than I remember it being.

Drinking - Flavored Water.  I'm going to put it that way because I have been pouring tiny bits of juice, Gatorade, and teas into my water to give it some flavor.  It helps me drink more than I normally would.  It's not all the time and only in super small amounts so I don't have much of a problem with it.  The goal is more water and however, I get it, I get it. 

Reading - I just finished reading "Big Little Lies" which I loved!  I decided to take a week or so for a mental break and just "read" and work with my new Crochet book.  I'm trying to learn new designs and this book has helped me a ton!  I'm not great, but I'm getting there.  



Wanting - To get my hands on a Mary Berry cookbook, especially one of her baking cookbooks.  She makes some the most amazing baked goods!  I'm dying to try her recipes.  Now to narrow it down  to one cookbook to start. 

Planning -  What needs to get done prior to Baby and prioritizing it.  The biggest things I'm planning right now is potty training Bear and moving him into his Big boy room.




Enjoying - My time with just Bear.  I'm showering him with attention while I can.  Get to do a lot with him by keeping up with tot school.  




Wearing - Comfy clothes that mainly means PJ pants and warm hoodies.  When you don't feel well all you want is comfortable clothes.  





What are you currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. Waiting for Doctor appointments is the worst, it seems like when you get finished with one you are wishing for the next one to happen already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed! I feel like I am rushing this pregnancy, but I think I just need to relax.

      Delete
  2. I totally feel you on the rushing part. I'm rushing our move off island and that's not for 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like in moving I rush it! It comes in waves for that. When we first get papers or hear about it I'm ready to go, then relax about. Then several months out I'm anxious again ready to toss half my house in the trash to prepare. Then back into the relaxing phase again. Then again moves make me anxious so I can only imagine how you feel with an OCONUS move.

      Delete

Your thoughts?