Baby #2 Bump Update (13 weeks)

I guess it's time for an official Bump Update.


How far along?  I am in 13 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: At this point I am up or down 2lbs from my starting weight at any given time. 
Maternity clothes? I switched to maternity pants pretty early on.  I was between sizes prior to pregnancy and I switched to maternity pants for the simple fact that I wanted to be comfortable!
Stretch marks?  I will answer this once and only once since it doesn't need to be repeated every update.  I have stretch marks from my pregnancy with Bear.  They have faded nicely, but I fully expect to get more stretch marks this time around, especially if I go full term with this pregnancy.
Sleep: meet my new best friend.


Without this body pillow I wouldn't even get the little sleep that I do get.  Between the nausea, bathroom breaks, body aches and Bear I'm only getting a few hours (1-2) of sleep at a time.  Some days are better than others, but I'll take what I can get!
Best moment this week: Hitting the 13 week mark.  It means I am that much closer to knowing the gender of this little one.  I'm also excited that it's that much closer to meeting him or her. 
Have you told family and friends: We have told everyone and I announced it online shortly after.  Everyone is super excited!  
Movement: Nothing that is noticeable yet.  I have had some cramping that I attribute to my growing uterus, but not fetal movement.  
Food Cravings: Mainly sweets this time around.  Someone told me that means girl, but I won't bet the bank on it 😉.  I have been increasing my protein intake as its best for baby and supposedly can keep me from going into preterm labor.  While that's not a concern right now I am hoping that early habits carry through this pregnancy.  Now to control the mass amounts of sweets I've been eating!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  yes!  Kimchi makes me sick, so does horseradish and sauerkraut.  Random things also make me sick for a short period of time.  Ice cream made me sick one night.  Shrimp, white rice, a hamburger, and various other things have made me sick at one point or another throughout these past few weeks.  I have enjoyed some of the items that have made me sick temporarily like hamburgers or ice cream.  I've just limited the quantity of I have all at once.  That seems to help!
Have you started to show yet:  Since I have moved into maternity jeans I would have to say yes.  Based solely off of the fact that my snow pants don't fit and they fit perfectly when I bought them back in October.  I guess it is true what they say that the second pregnancy you show sooner than the first.  I'm still in that in between stage though.  Where you aren't sure if the person is pregnant or just ate a big meal. 
Gender prediction: I'm thinking this baby is a girl, but then again I'm likely wrong.  I'm usually wrong so it wouldn't be a shock to me to find out this was baby was a boy.  We will know around Easter for sure.  Boy or girl we will be happy as long as the baby is healthy.  
Labor Signs: No, thankfully!  I hope it stays that way until I hit at least 37 weeks.
Belly Button in or out? My belly button is in and I never "popped" so to speak with Bear.  This makes me oddly nervous! 
Wedding rings on or off? I haven't been wearing it as much as normal, but with the cold weather it feels too loose for my liking.  It still fits though.  When it doesn't I will move to my plain white gold wedding band.  The one I wore in later pregnancy with Bear and while he was an infant.  I was always afraid of accidentally scratching him with my ring.  I'll likely stick with the plain band this time as well.
Mood most of the time:  I'm exhausted!  ALL. THE. TIME.  I'm waiting for the second trimester energy boost!
Weekly Wisdom: I'm holding onto the saying that my grandmother used to say... "This too shall pass."  Meaning the good and the bad.  It all comes and goes.  I get sick and hate it, but when it's not there I start to worry a bit about the pregnancy.  
Milestones: I'm almost done with the first trimester.  Other "milestones" I guess are that we are prepping for the new baby by starting to check all of the old baby equipment we saved.  We are also working on moving Bear to big boy bed so we can fix up the crib.  Basically, just seeing what we need to get this little one.  His room is complete so that's a big thing checked off the baby prep list!


What I miss:  I am greatly missing a Cold (as in temperature) cold cut sandwich, runny eggs, and sushi!  I know I can eat cooked rolls, it's just not the same things.  Neither is a hot cold cut sandwich. Ugh.  I'll eat what modified food I can until I can have what I want.

Like this delicious runny egg breakfast sandwich.... 
What I am looking forward to: Meeting this little one!  Who isn't excited about meeting their little bundle of joy?


Comments

  1. I am finally back to where I can eat certain foods again and it's glorious haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! It is nice to have less food aversions. I still have some rough days, but the good ones are far out weighting the bad.

      Delete
  2. Whoo! I'm glad you're doing so good. Except for the exhaustion :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm slowly getting my energy back which I am thankful for!

      Delete
  3. That first trimester exhaustion is the absolute worst! Hope it passes quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to feel more like myself lately. Thank you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?