Monday, December 7, 2015

Stocking Stuffer Ideas

In our family, Christmas stocking is one of the few things you can open whenever you want on Christmas Day.  You don't have to wait for pictures or breakfast like you do for the presents under the tree.  Additionally hubby and I leave these as the main surprises for each other.  We give suggestions which you will see below.  For Bear, we team up and find some small toys or things we know he will like.  


For him...

Hubby came up with Whiskey stones, fishing lures/accessories, tie clip(s), and a new key chain are on hubby's list. Overall, not a bad list for him. 
Source, Lego

For her...

A new key chain (yes I asked for one of these two!), bright colored hair ties, small craft equipment, and obnoxiously bright tie dye socks are all in my list.
Lego, Source

For toddler...

Bath or waterproof Books, little people toys, finger or hand puppets, and various art supplies are some pretty good ideas for a toddler.  I like to give something they can play with right away.  Unwrapped or in a pouch.  Nothing that needs to be taken out of packaging.  
Source

For anyone...

Hand warmers.  The first is a zippo hand warmer and replacement burner.  The hot hands are single use.  The last is a ReDo reusable hand warmer by emergency zone brand.  You bend the metal it heats up gel.  You boil it to reset it.  This one in on my list!
Source

Kindle accessories.  First is a new kindle case.  Second up is a waterproof case.  I love this for the beach to keep sand and such away from my kindle. Next up is various chargers for the kindle.  Last up is a clip on light.  I have the kindle that reads like paper so it is not back lighted.  This light would be needed to read in low light conditions.
Source

Reusable bags.  I love them!  The first set are chicobags and they hold 25lbs.  Next two are reusable produce bags.  The white one with colorful tags will hold a decent amount, but I likely would use these for smaller items.  The chicobag produce bags I feel are better for larger quantities like apples or oranges much like they show in the picture.  Last is a set of reusable snack bags.  I really need to pick these ones up!
Source


My last ideas are sunglasses clips, a multi-tool key that fits on your key ring and gift cards.  I know some people hate giving gift cards, but I don't mind them at all.  Especially for small amounts like under $20 for say kindle books.  
Source


What's going into your Christmas stockings?


4 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Kyle and I are only doing stockings for each other this year so I'm definitely looking for ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stockings are really the only unknown items that we have for each other.

      Delete
  2. We got those finger puppets last year for my kids stockings, they're still a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I'm hoping Bear loves them!

      Delete

Your thoughts?