Friday, November 6, 2015

Thanksgiving Books for kids

The teacher in me is always looking for children's books for Bear.  Thanksgiving is right around the corner so clearly we need to share some new and well-loved books that fit the theme of the month.  


Bear loves puppies and Biscuit specifically.  So the Happy Thanksgiving, Biscuit book is a great addition to our growing bookshelf.

source

I picked this book up for Bear last year.  It is one that we read through it time and again all year long. 


source

Bear says thanks is a bit over bears head, but I love this series.  The main character wants to show his friends how thankful he is for them by throwing him a big meal.  The struggle is he has no food.  Together they work it all out.   How much sweeter can you get?


source

Growing up in New York, the Thanksgiving day parade was a must watch event!  We attended it several years in a row and I was even in the parade a few times. That is a different post for another day.  When I saw this book I had to pick it up even if it was too old for Bear to really enjoy.   


source


This is a book I used several times in the classroom when I was teaching.  It hasn't made it to the bookshelf for Bear, but I do read it to him every year, even if he doesn't get it.  The story is just too cute of concept to not read it to him.  As he grows up I do hope he likes it as much as I do.

source

What Fall or Thanksgiving Themed books do you all like?


6 comments:

  1. These sound great.. I need to pick up a few for Grace this year. I don't think she has any Thanksgiving ones yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are some cute ones that most kids should like.

      Delete
  2. These are such cute books, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! I'm always on the hunt for new books for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many good ones for this time of year!

      Delete

Your thoughts?