Missing some Cajun in my life
I was missing some of that delicious, Louisiana cuisine lately. When this happens there are several go-to meals I make. This time it's Shrimp Creole.
In my house, you use what you have! Fresh onion and garlic would have made this a million times better. Missing from the picture is the defrosting shrimp and the rice was cooking.
- Celery, diced
- Onion, diced
- Bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- About 2-3 Tablespoons butter
- Bit of salt
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- Diced tomatoes (un-drained)
- Shrimp (defrosted, cleaned, tails off)
- Cook celery, onion, bell pepper, garlic and butter in a pan about 5 or so minutes. We like them a bit firmer than most people do.
- Add seasoning and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp. Heat until the shrimp is cooked through.
Serve over rice.