Michael Symon's 5 in 5 for every season



Michael Symon is one of those chefs that is always making recipes I like.  Having used his previous 5 in 5 cookbook, I had to get my hands on this one.  How could you go wrong with easy and delicious meals?

Well, this cookbook does live up to my expectation.  The meals seem easy and tasty!  The perfect go-to meals for busy weekdays.

Symon brakes up the book into 5 sections.  


Breaking the book up into seasons helps ensure that you can find the ingredients when they are in season.  It also helps keep the cost of the ingredients down as well.  






While this cookbook is fabulous I do wish that they had written in substitutions for some of the ingredients.  Having lived in a rural area in Louisiana some of these recipes would be difficult to recreate.  That said there aren't many of them that would require this.  This is just a pet peeve of mine.  I like ingredients to be able to be found everywhere.  If not offer a substitution.  That said a simple google search would work for the few in here.  

Overall this is a fantastic cookbook!  I look forward to making more meals from this book throughout the year.

For more info on this book or its author click on the links below.






FTC Disclaimer: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.  The thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

Comments

  1. I love him! I definitely need to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is one of my favorite celebrity chefs both this one and the old one are well worth it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?