Friday, August 21, 2015

The Amazing Make-Ahead Baby Food Book

The Amazing Make-Ahead Baby Food Book by Lisa Barrangou



This book would have been fabulous to have back when my son was a baby.  Back before I was making purees.  While I used many of these suggestions without ever having this book I do think this book is well worth the purchase.  It contains everything from food prep to defrosting.  Good things for every parent to know.  Let's jump into some of the features found in this book.




I really loved the flavor compatibility guide found in this book.  I rarely mixed thing together in anything other than apple sauce for no reason other than time.  Even when I did this it was directly before feeding, not when freezing.  This is something I regret not doing as it often meant that my son got one note flavor food.  This would have helped him try the same food in different combinations.  My son thankfully ate everything (I know you all hate me now) but if he say didn't like just broccoli puree mixing it with say carrots that he liked may have made the broccoli more palatable for him.  Moms, seriously keep trying different combinations to get little ones to try new foods.    





This book also contains several plans on what foods to introduce or cook together according to their meal plan.  This could be very helpful if you needed some ideas.  Bulk cooking has its benefits because you don't have to cook every day.  Something as new mom I loved.  One less thing to do daily.





I also loved the many recipes this book contains.  It is a great way to mix things up when you feel like baby is getting bored with your meals.
Overall I would recommend this book as a great jumping off point but don't feel you have to stick to this verbatim.  There is a lot of flexibility when starting solids.  





FTC Disclaimer: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.  The thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own. 



2 comments:

Your thoughts?