Wednesday, August 19, 2015

100 days in Maryland

Source
We have been here for whole 3 months and 8 days or 100 days if you like neat and tidy numbers.  Maryland has been a surprise from the beginning and it feels like it hasn't let up yet.  One of the things about this military lifestyle is that you never know what to expect.  Hubby thought he was coming here for one job and it turned out he is doing things different.

Part of this job means that his schedule is not what we expected.  He is working 4 days and then off 4 days all year long.  This includes weekends and holidays.  Because of this he is working most major holidays this year.  Bear is thankfully young enough to not really get it when it comes to holidays so we can move the festivities to work for us.  No need to miss out when we can move it.

On the flip side we love this schedule.  It gives us a unique opportunity to do things during the week.  This includes some much missed date "night".  We aren't near family and don't have a sitter so here we can put Bear into hourly daycare and actually go out even if it is during the day.  We'll take what we can get.

We are trying to take advantage of all that this area has to offer.  You all probably know that we have spent quite a bit of time at the National Aquarium since it is warm outside.  When it cools off we will be spending more time at the Maryland Zoo.  We have also been able to see family more than we thought we would be.  We have been to New York several time and plan to go several more.  Hubby's family has come up for a visit.  We plan to see them more times throughout our stay.  Additionally we have taken the first trip to DC.

There are even more plans in the works like a trip to Ocean City Maryland and a visit to Frontier Town.  Then there is a visit to the waterfowl festival, a camping trip, a visit to Fort McHenry, some day trips to Annapolis and exploring more of DC.  A full plate you could say.  We feel like we are constantly on the go which is a huge difference from life in Louisiana.  I'm not complaining though.  We love it!

This really is one of the better posts we have been at.  I never really adjust to life in Alabama and Louisiana began to feel like home after 3 years despite all the moves.  I was comfortable there.  Our last home in Louisiana I greatly loved.  I miss it the most.  I like our current house but I loved our last home.  This one just doesn't feel comfortable to me yet.  It may never but such is life.  A new home will come along in a year or so when the military moves us once again.  In the mean time I will take advantage of our current situation.

Overall, right now I can say I love what this area has to offer.  I could grow to like this place very much.  

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have already been there 100 days, time has flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. time is flying, I think the schedule sounds pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this schedule and if we could keep it I would love it.

      Delete

Your thoughts?