101 in 1001 update (July 2015)
6. renew our passports and get Bear one
Check! We renewed our passports and got Bear one. The whole fiasco was a huge pain in the butt because the post office didn't have their act together.
17. Grow and herb garden from scratch and keep it alive for a year.
See below...Mason Jar Herb garden. I'm counting this one as complete seeing as if the seeds die I will be picking up the plants and planting them into the jars. I'm seriously loving fresh herbs for cooking.
73. Find Christmas Stockings and Get our names embroidered on them.
I am counting this one as complete. I found these stocking ornaments that I will use in place of the embroidered names. I will print up our names and place them in the frame area. Then I will attach them to the stockings. This will take the place of us purchasing new ones. I want to hold off on doing so until we decide our family is complete. Until then I feel like this fulfills the spirit of the goal.
12. Make 5 handmade things for Bear (1/5)
We made the paintings a while back for Bear's Room. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. However since we made them within the time frame of this, it counts.
14. Do Eight pinterest inspired craft pins (3/8)
Mason Jar Herb Garden. I'll be writing about this later on but it was a pretty neat project. The other project I finished was a Semi homemade Mason Jar Holders. Again another post I will be writing about when I get the time.
19. Eat one Vegetarian meal per month for this project (10/31)
I know we have eaten several vegetarian meals over the last few months but I can't for the life of me remember what they were. I know ratatouille was one but rest were fairly boring. I think moving does that. You empty the pantry and make meals with what you have.
20. Bake something new every month for this project. (sweet or savory) (10/31)
I was still baking some of the things throughout our move. Various casseroles. None of which were thrilling enough to write about.
37. Order different things at restaurant we normally frequently 10 different times (3/10) this may need to be changed to 5 different meals at 2 different. I have done a good job at ordering different things from the menu and even found a few new favorites which was the intent behind this particular goal anyway.
57. Watch twenty-five movies that hubby recommends that I have not seen (11/25)
Once again hubby's gotten me to see two new to me movies and one new movie.
First up was john Carter. It was an interesting concept and film. It's not one I would have watched on my own but it was good.
The next movie was really really good. Again not one I would have watched but I am so glad that I did!
The last movie wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The Penguins of Madagascar was just ok. They didn't focus on the Penguins like the trailers implied. The mission, which was again only ok, wasn't worth the tickets in the theater. That said its on par with the TV. Show.
I have failed nothing since my last update.