"Mastering Pasta" By Marc Vetri Review



This was a book I was very excited to get my hands on.  I had recently tried my hand at homemade pasta and thought this book could help me expand on what I already know. The beautiful pictures instantly made me eager to jump into the kitchen and give the recipes a try. 


The Authors Marc Vetri with David Joachim give you information galore.  They Jam packed the information from cover to cover, in each recipe and even within the blurbs before each recipe.  This to me is both helpful and annoying.  It makes this book geared more towards beginners than more advanced cooks.  I don't mind this on a first or even second read but then I really want to add a post it not with the basic directions to keep me from having to meddle thought the extra info that I have previously learned.  This I suppose is a minor flaw as the recipes are extremely delicious from the two I have already tried.



Additionally there are few things that I liked about the book.  

  • The recipes come in both standard and metric
  • Ingredients are relatively easy to find
  • A variety of skill levels are involved with the various recipes
  • Beautiful Pictures
  • Fabulous recipes

Overall I think this book is well worth getting.  I know it is one I will be using for a long time.


If you are interesting learning more about this book or the Author you can do so below.

More Info

Author Bio

FTC Disclaimer: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


Comments