Currently Run Down

Lets jump right into it...


Looking:  Forward to fitting into my old clothes that are the next size down.  It seriously is making me giddy that I am close to it.  So many pretty outfits I haven't been able to wear in a long time.  

Drinking:  Too much wine... Eeek I rarely drink but I have been enjoying a bit of wine lately.  

Cooking:  very little.  This is so strange for me and I miss it.  Since we are expecting to PCS soon we are trying to eat through the freezer meals and pantry.  We don't want to have to give a ton away or worse yet throw it all out.  However, one delicious meal we did make recently was for some friends that came over.  



pop pulled pork

7 Layer Bean Dip

Pulled Pork Sandwiches with pasta salad



Apricot Bars


Making: a lot of messes.  Cleaning is that way for me.  It always looks worse before it looks better.  I'm still in PCS prep mode here even without knowing where we are going.  I want things cleaned and organized so it makes it easier on the other end.  This is also something long in the making.  Having moved twice within this location we didn't do the normal unpacking/packing because we simply didn't have the time.  Now we do so I need to get it done.


Wanting: new workout clothes!  My old t-shirts and very old yoga pants aren't cutting it anymore.



All from OldNavy.com

All from OldNavy.com

All from OldNavy.com

Enter Old Navy active clothing and their many sales / discounts.  I know their is higher quality workout clothing out there by any number of companies but I am cheap and this will work for now.  I'd rather spend the extra money on better sports bras or new running shoes.  For now I will see how they hold up and go from there.  Anyone use Old Navy active clothing lately?  I have had good results in the past with their yoga pants but I haven't really tried anything else.  I'm not expecting them to last forever but the price (with discounts) they are too cheap not to pass up.


Bookmarking: How-to's on making a blanket ladder since I can't really find one that is rustic enough for my liking.  While I am still holding out hope that I will find one with more character than I can create on a new one, I would like a back up in my pocket just in case.




Enjoying: working out.  I genuinely feel like I am missing something when I don't workout lately.  Something more than just the endorphins.  I like this excitement I have once again for working out.  This has been a long time coming. 





I workout at home so this limits a bit of what I can do.  Thankfully, I have been able to get a lot of use out of having a treadmill at home.  It's a life saver in the hot humid summer's of the Deep South.  

Playing:  A whole lot of Phase 10.  I love a good card game and this one is by far my favorite. I've been playing it since I was really little with my grandparents. 





Waiting: To find out where we are going to PCS to!  Not to beat a dead horse or anything but this wait is slowly killing me.  At some point I will no longer be able to prep.  I mean if we are going to Alaska do I really need to bring a ton of summer clothes?  Or if we get Hawaii I clearly don't need a snowboard.  Obviously an OCONUS move is more difficult with the various pack outs and hoops to jump through verse a stateside move but dang it just tell me already!!!!!  The stress is far less when I have an end goal in sight.  We move from A to B but without knowing B I'm stuck.

Wishing: This whole Ectopic Pregnancy was a thing of my past.  I fully realize that this is not something that is cleared up in a short period of time but I want to move on from it.  We have been dealing with this since November 2014 for crying out loud.  I am currently waiting for the right timing during a cycle to get a few tests done.  They need to see if my fallopian tubes are open and good or if further action (surgery) needs to be taken.  I have talked about this before so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  Knowing that a PCS can spring up at any time while trying to finish up with this whole thing does not sit well with me.  When we are cleared by the doctor I will then rest easy about it all.  I guess I'm just waiting for the wonderful timing the military seems to have.  

Hoping: to get more use out of the Cloth Diapers.  Bear is getting close to potty training so I am unsure just how long he has left in them.  I planned to start potty training soon if we aren't moving or shortly after we settle in at the new place.  All I know he likes using the potty and hates being in a wet diaper.  Until then I am plugging away to break even on the cloth diapers only 86 more diaper changes to go to break even.  





Loving: my new under armor compression sports bra.  I'm a large chested woman and I don't need to bouncing all over the place when I work out.  I finally caved spent more than my typical $10 on a sports bra and I could kick myself for not doing to sooner.  


I will more than likely purchase more of them in the not so distant future.

Posting:  I did a guest post you can find here.  It's all about how to keep your child's favorite book from being played out!  





Thinking: of starting some kind of blog hop... maybe mommy related... I don't know.  I need to think this one out and talk to a few people.  

Noticing:  That everyone I know in the North East is praying for summer when I am here in the Deep South praying for winter.  I miss snow. 

Following:  A lot of Crochet IGers. The beautiful projects they post make some of mine look as appealing as a dirty old dish towel.  My favorites lately are...




The projects they IGers post make me excited to start crochet again.  I need (yes, Need!) to get back into crocheting.  I have two unfinished projects and some new how-to books that are all calling my name.

Wearing:  More lounge clothes than any individual should be allowed to wear in one week.  It's bad.





Smelling:  the Pumpkin candle that I have burning because it smells amazing.  Spring may be on its way but I'll keep burning this one until its gone no matter what time of year it is. 

Laughing:  at Bears antics.  He is always getting into something or trying to make us laugh.  Recently he shouts out some randoms "words" in his own little language then drops into the fetal position laughing away.  Or he is stacking the blocks along the coral then say oh no as he drops each one off then wants to be let out just to pick them up.  This little boy is too much!





What have you all been up to lately?


Comments

  1. I absolutely love Old Navy's workout clothes, most of my stuff is from them and Under Armour, they are the best two in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Like I said I have used their yoga pants for years but now need real workout clothes. My order should arrive this week... Who knew I would be this excited for new workout clothes?!?!

      Delete
  2. Ah, a blog hop would be so much fun! I'd be down to host a momma based one with you! We are in the same boat. Waiting for orders, and it sorta sucks not knowing where we are going. My mind has already transitioned into PCS mode.. and I can't seem to shut it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! We will need to chat about it after we PCS. Awaiting orders is never fun.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

Popular Posts