Bear Loves Books

As a teacher I love books, especially children's books.  I knew once I had Bear I wanted to do everything I could to get him to love books as much as I do.  When he was a baby I would read anything and everything to him that I thought was acceptable.  A cheery newspaper article, a parenting book, and a blog post, among other things, all made the cut.  I just wanted him to hear the written word.  It all paid off because he loves books.  He loves hearing them and looking at the pictures.



Sorry for the terrible pictures in here but these are adorable books.
I love the painted canvas look to the illustrations and the simple story.
Bear I think loves the little baby images.



"Dumpy's Friends on the Farm" is by Julie Andrews and her daughter.  
He loves the books so much that I bought all the ones I could find.  Sadly they were all used.

 "The little Mouse, The red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear" by Don and Audrey Wood. 
This is an overused book in our house.  More on that tomorrow. 

"Little Blue Truck" By Alice Schertle 
You have trucks and animals so obviously this is a hit to us.

"Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" By Bill Martin Jr.
I love the educational value of this book.
Bear likes the rhyming and silly letter antics.


"Biscuit's Pet and Play Christmas" and
"Biscuit's Pet and Play Halloween"  both by Alyssa Capucilli
These holidays have come and gone but Bear will not let me put these ones away.
He will fight his way into the closet and pull them out.  

"Thumper's Fluffy Tail" by Laura Driscoll
This is another touch and feel book about the cute, adorable Thumper.

"Peek-a Who" By Nina Laden
This book was given to Bear for Christmas and it has been a hit ever since.
Peek-a-Boo is still a fun game for Bear but this allows for some much needed variation.  



I'm always on the hunt for new books so what are some book your kids love? 


Comments

  1. These are great books for Bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves reading and we are always finding new books he likes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?