Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Update of 101 in 1001 (Jan 2015)

once again I am back with an update on my 101 in 1001.


Completed

46.  But three new board games and actually use them (4/3)

For Christmas we received Catchphrase and The big bang theory.  Both will be getting lots of use.


Working on

19. Eat one vegetarian meal per month for this project. ( 6/31)

Tofu (instead of chicken) tortilla Soup.  It wasn't anything too exciting but it does take care of this past months vegetarian meal.  Since I have decided to start eating more vegetarian meals I really need to spend some time and search for something good.

20.  Bake something new every month for this project (sweet or savory) ( 6/31)

This month I made Damaris Phillips Stuffed Acorn Squashed with Sausage, Brown rice and Goat Cheese.  I substituted the barley for brown rice which I don't think affected the dish.  It is cooked part in the oven and part on the stove so I am counting it.  You can find the recipe here.


22.  Cook ten new breakfast (1/10)...

I made something quick and easy but new to me.  I  made Oeufs en Cocotte or eggs in pots.  I used Rachel Khoo's recipe that you can find here.  Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures because I was in a rush that day.  However I am positive I will be making this many more times because it was so beyond easy!

57.  Watch twenty-five movies Hubby recommends that I have not seen (11/25).

Guardians of the Galaxy 

Snow White and the Huntsman


Jack the Giant Slayer



Failed

On the positive side I did not fail anything.  


1 comment:

Your thoughts?