Update on 101 in 1001 (Nov. 2014)

101 update Nov 2014


Completed!

64.  Start a college fund for Bear.
We opened up a savings account for him and have been steadily putting money into it.  Will if cover all of his college by the time he goes, not likely however it will be a decent chunk of money that can be used towards it.


Working on

3. Develop 5 new family traditions (0/5)

This year we decided that we want to put together a box that we as a family can open after dinner (or in our case, Snack plate dinner) on Christmas Eve.  In it will be a Christmas movie, popcorn or some other treat, and winter pajamas for everyone.  We plan to make the movie something that is age appropriate to little ones.  This year I picked up "Spot's Magical Christmas."  It's simple and something Bear will get.  There is also the fact that he is obsessed with puppies.  I also picked him up a fleece sleeper that has moose on it.  I want to avoid giving a Christmas pjs as I want them to be able to be worn even after Christmas.  Not that my I have any problem putting my kid in holiday themed stuff after the holiday is over.  Um hello Halloween shirts that Bear is still rocking!

19. Eat one vegetarian meal per month for this project. (4/31)

This month I made manicotti.  Spinach stuffed manicotti to be exact.  It was yummy! 

Before Baking


20.  Bake something new every month for this project (sweet or savory) (4/31)

Since I missed last months I must make up for this with 2 this month.

The first dish I Bake this month was a repeat however I altered it enough that I think I can count it again.

baked Hash browns, browned sausage,
diced bell peppers, and grated cheese.

Now for the egg mixture.

This is a dish I have tried over and over again to make this recipe or some version of this work.  I am going to give it one last shot next week.  I'm going to try to cook the hash browns in my cast iron skillet before putting them in the baking dish with everything else.

The second thing I baked this month is Strawberry oatmeal Bars.  I didn't take any pictures of it because honestly it was sickeningly sweet.  You couldn't eat more than one small it was that sweet.  I won't be making these again.  Oh well.



57.  Watch 25 movies that hubby recommends that I have not seen (3/25).

We watched "Up" this month and I will say it was pretty good.  Spoiler alert!!  I was rather shocked at how dark and evil the explorer was but I guess that accounts for the PG rating.  Also does anyone know what happened to Russell's father or family for that matter?  It was never addressed which bothers me for some reason.  I guess you could assume that his father left his mom or that they got a divorce but with it being mention so much why not address it!


97.  Organize my craft closet and sell/donate anything I won't use.

Since we are attempting to get rid of our "storage" room this meant that I needed to go through my crafts that were in 10 different boxes.  I managed to bring that down to fit into (poorly) into the cabinet we had.  I put the fabric and yarn into bags which brings me down to just 4 boxes of craft stuff at the end of the day.  That is still a lot I want to do but that works for now.

Comments