First time coloring

I have done a lot of things with Bear but coloring has not been one of them.  That is until a few days ago.  Several questions on his 16 month check up form for the doctors had about half a dozen questions about coloring.  Since I didn't know if he could do any of the things they asked I checked "no" for them.  This time I didn't want to do that.  Time to buy crayons.




I put paper on his high chair table and then handed him a crayon.  No helping, no instructions.  Nothing.  I just wanted to see what would happen.  To my surprise he only tried to eat it a few times and he even made a few scribbles.  It was then that I grabbed a crayon and made a few scribbles and an "A" on the paper.  He took that demo and ran with it.


Before it is asked, no I did not put the crayon in his hand.  He did this himself.  I'm so happy with his response to this.  I see lots of coloring in our future.


Comments

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

Popular Posts