Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween 2014

Yesterday was "trunk or treat" at the hubby's unit and I'd say they did a decent job with it all.  Of course, like the fabulous blogger that I am (hehe even I have to laugh at that one!) did not take a single picture.  Not one. I'm actually slight upset by this.  I wish I could have gotten one of Bear picking out a treat in his Halloween costume or the smile he had when he dropped it in his little pumpkin.  However, wrangling my little boy solo in a crowd while still attempting to be polite to everyone proved harder than I thought it would be.

I was ecstatic that Bear understood by the third car that he could pick up a piece of candy from a persons bowl and drop it in his own pumpkin bucket.  He was so pleased with himself and I was just happy he was having fun!  This did get a bit tricky as many of the people passing out the candy were doing so out of a pumpkin bucket similar to his.  Add in the other kids around him also having similar pumpkin buckets and at one point he was just so excited he tried swiping candy from other kids.  Obviously, he didn't know what he was doing but I still felt bad for his attempts

As for tonight, We may hit up a few house on our street just so hubby can get to experience Bear trick or treating and so I can snap a few pics for the photo albums.  For the most part though we may just hang out outside and hand out candy.  I think Bear will enjoy it.  

But before I go here is a quick pic of Bears' loot from the trunk or treat.  We will will trade out his candy for things he can actually eat like puffs and froyo. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it was a success! :) I'm sure he was adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you all had fun and that Bear enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?