Friday, July 25, 2014

The standard update

As most of you know to expect these bullet point posts so lest just jump into them...

  • We looked into hourly day care for Bear.  I have a few appointments coming up that I can't take him to so we will need childcare.  Since I haven't been able to find anyone who is willing to watch Bear that means the next step was looking into the Hourly Day Care on post.  I wasn't impressed.  Among the problems, Bears' diet still mainly consists of formula out of a bottle (judge me all you want but its the easiest way to keep weight on him) and the day care will only feed him milk out of a sippy cup.  We are going to try to ask for a doctors note to get the formula out of a bottle allowed.  No really it must be stated as such.  I also am not thrilled that they provide the sippy cups and food for that matter.  Snacks I get but I try to feed Bear all organic.  Clearly post day care is not going to feed him all organic.  Its laughable in fact. Another problem is that Bear would be one of the youngest there.  He also isn't fully walking on his own which to me could be good or bad.  Then we went on the tour of the room he would be in and the gym where his class was for indoor recess.  The only kid in the class that wasn't walking was just sitting in the middle of the floor doing nothing.  Just sitting there looking rather unhappy.  None of the 3 teachers were even bothering to interact with him.  It was so noticeable that Hubby mentioned it to me later that night.  I know this is what you get with standardized military day care with a 5:1 or 4:1 student teacher ratio.  I get it I do.  Honestly I'm just hoping to find a good sitter and I'm will to pay to get one at this point.
  • I have officially decided that I am over this location.  We have been here for 2 1/2 years and still have about another year to go.  Frankly I am beyond over the high heat, excessive humidity, mass amount of bugs, Hubby's long work hours, and the lack of unity in his unit.  I know all aren't like this but seriously people?  I have no less than 10 bug bites on me at any given time.  It's been in the 90's for several months now with no end in sight.  I also can't tell you the last time hubby spent more than 30-40 minutes with Bear if he gets to even see him at all during the week.  This location has beaten me down.  I'm tossing in the white flag and counting down the days until we leave.
  • That being said I want to make the time we have left not a total loss.  I want to downsize.  I want to go through every box that we own.  Especially the ones we toss aside.  You know what I'm talking about.  The ones that you haven't opened in 2 locations but still hold onto for no reason.  That's my goal here; to downsize.  If you haven't used it in 2 locations odds are I'm not going to. My big reason for this is that we live in a 4 bedroom home.  Don't get me wrong I love the space but its overkill.  We don't need to have a room for storage.  A closet sure, a corner maybe, a room no way.  Thus the spring Summer cleaning on steroids!
  • I'm on the hunt for a good biscuit recipe.  Anyone have one they love and are willing to share???  
  • And because this post needs a picture, here is one of Bear.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that location has beaten you down, I definitely would love to get together when we get moved down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a lot more to do with his unit and position but when things aren't great the little things start to get to you. I can't wait to meet up!

      Delete
  2. Good luck finding childcare. It's such a relief when you can finally find a place/person you can trust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice to know that we can actually have date night again!

      Delete
  3. Ah. I think we will have to look into childcare at some point. I'm on the board for the local spouses club. And can't always take Grace with me. Makes me nervous! Also same here with the bugs in Georgia. I mean kansas has bugs. But NOTHING like the south. So so over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear will have his first babysitter then his first day care experience this week. I'm a wreck about it but we really have no choice but to do it.

      Delete

Your thoughts?