Lets starts with the Hate it list
- Blueberry Pecan Baked French Toast...
- High expectations for Bears first birthday. I seriously thought the day would be perfect but it was anything but that. He had no idea what to do with the smash cake. Let's ignore the fact that he never had anything remotely close to it even if it was just a cake with mashed bananas and whip cream. Frankly he hated it. Oh well. The day wasn't all that bad but a cranky baby on his birthday is not what I expected. Next year I will lower my expectations.
- The book "baby proofing your marriage". Frankly I think was a huge miss. They had the potential to make that into something good I barely made it through the book. They babbled quite a bit, talked in circles, and droned on about topics we clearly understood. In my opinion if you want to read it hit up the library and make sure you get it back on time as I don't think it's worth even the late fees.
- Bears one year check up went ok but he has only gained ounces since his last appointment 3 months ago. He has gained in height though. The doc isn't too worried about it but he does want us to bring him back in a month to check it out. Here I thought we were out of the woods with this whole weight issue. I mean the kid eats like crazy. Ugh. I'm just so defeated about it all.
The things I loved... There are plenty this month so I will try to narrow it down.
- Bear has been battling some pretty nasty diaper rash this past couple of weeks. It's been just terrible and we tried everything. Thankfully my friend told me to mix equal parts Desitin and Aquaphor in the palm of your hand (or an old jar) and over apply it to baby's bottom. After one full day of use and it looks a million times better.
- Finding toy storage I can live with for the next few years to hold Bears toys. We have a toy chest but I needed something to organize the growing number of toy. This was what I picked up. They should be arriving on my doorstep sometime today.
weI will find a better way to store them long term. This will likely mean a combination of Ziplock bags to hold small toys, space saver bags for all fabrics/stuffed animals, and big Rubbermaid bins to dump it all in. I'm so creative right? lol. Even I have to laugh a that.
- I am loving Drew Barrymore's makeup line Flower. You can find it at Walmart for a reasonable price. Try any of the lip products, nail polish and eye shadows. So far they are all awesome products! The mascara not so much. I should add that there is no single makeup line out there that is stellar in every area. To me this line has some awesome winners and worth checking out.
- If you haven't tried this before you need to!