The workout that shouldn't have happened

I have found throughout this deployment that its not the big obstacles that knock me out its the little tiny ones that seem to come in bulk.  They seem to be the ones to knock me on my butt again and again.  Today I was determined not to let it get to me down.  After what felt like a disaster of a morning, I set out to make the evening go smoothly.  This meant making up for my morning workout I missed.

I Let the dogs outside while I get myself in workout clothes then get the dogs in the crate.  As I go to get Bear his snowsuit or what I am calling his snowsuit, I see muddy paw prints all over the carpet from when they just came in.  Yes I could have taken care of it later but I couldn't let it go.  Out comes the carpet cleaner.  15 minutes later I'm back picking up where I left off.

By the time I get Bear in his snowsuit I loudly hear that he needs a diaper change.  I take care of the diaper, pop open the jogging stroller, strap him in and head out the door.  Right before I leave I think throwing on my heart rate monitor would be a smart idea.  I get it on only to realize the battery in the watch I used just the day before is dead.  No biggie.  I take it off and head out the door.


I didn't even round the corner when I notice the back two tires are low so low that I would likely ruin the tire by using it that way.  It took me no less than 30 minutes to add air to all the tires and clean up my mess.  It's fine as I am finally on my way.

Down the driveway, up the road and around the corner...

This is as far as I made it.  Somewhere between the driveway and around the corner the right tire appeared to be slipping off the rim causing a bump every time the tire ran over it.  I let some air out but it didn't fix it.  I headed home defeated.  All that time wasted.

Bear was beginning to lose it so I took him out and put him in the swing before I fixed the tire.  Basically all the air needed to be let out to fix it and I still haven't filled it back up again.  That is for another day when the dominoes aren't falling down.

One hour and two ice pops later I decide to get out of my funk and just do a dvd workout.  Something is better than nothing.  For today this something is a dvd workout with a grumpy, overtired, teething baby who remained together for all of 30 minutes before losing it.  I never finished but I need to be ok with that I did.

Every little bit helps right?

Comments

  1. Yes every little bit definitely helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! Good job being persistent. Something gets in my way these days and I'm like ehh, I'll just sit on the couch and sulk instead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?