Dear Bear: 6 month

Dear Bear,

Wow what a month Bear!  I have seen so much developmental growth this past month it amazes me daily.  You can roll over now far better than you were able to last month.  You continue to hold the small bottles for feeding but refuse to hold the bigger ones.  I suppose that are just too much for you at this point and will grow into it.  Your big personality is out in full force now.  You make it clear when you do and don't like something or someone.  The poor nurse who gave you your 6mo shots certainly got a mean 'ol look from you.  On the flip side you LOVE when Duke wants to give you attention.  It is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.  Clearly you have stolen Duke from me.  I don't mind too much ;-)



Quick Stats



Weight:  You are 13 lbs, 7 1/2 oz.  This puts you in the 3rd percentile which is a big deal as you are on the bell curve!

Length:  a big 25 inches in length.  Another big jump from the 3rd percentile to the 7th!  YAY! I am always breathe a sigh of relief knowing you are where you should be.

Clothing size:  Finally you are in sizes 3-6mo and/or 6m(carters) clothing.  Length wise the clothing  fits you well but they are baggy on you because you are so skinny.


Diaper size:  I have assumed that you will just be a disposable diaper baby.  The cloth ones do not fit you will at all and you end up leaking out of your leg gussets or near the waist.  Over all a terrible fit.  I am done even trying them on you.

Sleep
:  You are an amazing little sleeper who is slow to wake up.  I love this about you as it makes mornings very easy on everyone!

Food:  You are still on mainly on formula but you have started on solid food.  So far you have mixed feelings on rice cereal.  Then we moved on to Sweet Potatoes which you seem to like even better.  I am not sure what I will go to next.


Favorite Toy: The Eric Carle toys are still near the top of your favorite toy list.  Added to that is the activity mat.  You could spend hours on both your back and your belly on the that thing.  It worth its weight in gold I swear.

Favorite Book:  You are loving the Little Blue Truck books and the touch and feel books we have.  I need to pick you up a few more of them as I am getting tired reading you the same two over and over again.

Christmas:  Since you are still so little, you obviously don't understand what is going on.  We started the morning with breakfast then opened a few gifts.  I did hand over hand at first but then let you have at it.  I would start it and you would have a blast ripping the paper.  So much so that I don't think you really cared what was inside.  Overall I would say it was a success.

Comments