Holly Jolly Holiday Tag

To break up the gift giving ideas how about a tag...

I was tagged by Cajun Bombshell.  If you are reading this then you are tagged.  Let me know in the comments below so I can see your responses.




1. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  The cartoon version.  I've watched it since I was little and have ever since.

2. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
I would say Nice list.

3. Show us an embarrassing Christmas Card photo!
I'd really rather not.  Growing up we never did the family picture card thing.  To this day we don't even with our family.  I will start with pictures of Buddy Bear next year.  After all Christmas for me is all about the kids.  As far as ugly picture go well just see any holiday card I have been unfortunate enough to be in that my MIL sends out.  Historically they have been the worst pictures ever.  Just dreadful.  

4. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Yes most of my life.  I really REALLY miss it.

5. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Growing up we spent the holidays at home.  Everyone came to us.  When I got married we went to my in laws house but last year we decided that we were sick of traveling on holidays so we stayed home.  I like a nice peaceful holiday.  I look forward to this year with Buddy Bear even though he is too young to get it and won't for a few years.  

6. Play or Sing your favorite Christmas Song!
Singing but its not very good at all.  I will belt it out when no one is around.  
7. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Call me traditional but I think the bulk of the gifts should be given on Christmas morning after breakfast.  Yes I will make my kids eat breakfast and get ready before opening gifts.  Growing up Stockings were free game.  You could open those whenever.  I like that so we will keep that tradition.  Presents under the tree were not to be touched though until mom and dad gave the ok.  

8. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yup... You know Dasher and Dancer and prancer and Vixen, Comet and cupid and donner and blitzen.  But do you recall the most famous of reindeer of all?  Ok I'll stop now.

9. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
we are starting a new tradition one I am sure most of you are doing.  The Christmas "box."  A group family gift with PJ's, a Christmas DVD, Popcorn or some other snack and whatever else I want to throw in there.  This will be given most likely on Christmas eve.

10. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
I have always had a real tree growing up.  Fake ones just never did it for me.  That being said after traveling for the holiday one year we picked up a cheap fake one to use.  we spent $15 on sale and got a tree that looks pretty sad.  I used it this year out of convenience.  Hubby is deployed and well I couldn't be bothered to spend the money or time on a real one.  I figured the fake one will do for now.

11. Hands down, what's your all-time favorite holiday food and holiday sweet treat?
hmmm....  This is tough because we always just did a thanksgiving take 2 for Christmas Dinner growing up.  Maybe add a small ham every once and a while.  So food wise was pretty eh.  Nothing to write home about.  Holiday sweets on the other hand.  Oh hands down the Cheese Cake my uncle would bring from the city after he got out of work.  Nothing like a fresh NY cheese cake at Christmas time.

12. Be Honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I prefer to give than receive.  I like watching a persons reaction when they open the gift to find something they wanted.  Whether they asked for it specifically or not.

13. Show us your tackiest Christmas attire (ex: Ugly Sweater)
I don't have any tacky sweaters.  Not even for one of those parties.  

14. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I would say some place in abroad with lots of snow that really gets into the holiday.  On the flip side I wouldn't mind taking Buddy Bear to Disney World some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas since they really do it up there.

15. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make?
Every year I make mrs. fields cookies.  They are delicious!  Painful to make because they have to mixed by hand but they are worth it.

16. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
It looks like a truck ran over it.  I have been getting much better though.  Standard boxed I'm fine.  its the irregular shapes that throw me.  This year though there is one of Buddy Bears gifts that I did a pretty darn good job with.  I'm super proud of myself.  I know its sad.

17. Most memorable Holiday moment? 
hahahaha.... My dad used to set up the video camera and record the tree the night after all the gifts had been placed underneath.  He walked into the living room and on his way out he looks at the camera and say "12 oh 1 Christmas Day"  and walks out of view.  I was like 5 or 6 at the time.  The next year when we watched the video everyone was walking around saying "12 oh 1 Christmas Day" the way he said on the video poking fun at the way my dad said it.  To this day if anyone says that we all smile and laugh.  I'm sure this makes no sense to anyone but it is something I will always remember.  

18. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
Above I mentioned how my dad would record the tree the night before AFTER all the gifts were out.  Well I started to question how Santa brought the gifts if everyone had to be asleep for him to come.  Quickly their story fell apart.  I remember being mad everyone lied to me about it.

19. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them?
No I don't because I don't think the calendar should dictate the changes I want to make in my life.

20. What makes the Holidays special for you?
I love this time of year.  I can't wait for Buddy Bear to really understand the holidays and get excited over it. To me, it's all children.  Getting to teach them about giving, seeing them smile at all the lights or opening a gift from Santa that they really wanted.  


Again don't forget to let me know if you did this!

Comments