big bang, Christmas, downsizing, and more
Playing catch up...
- I have watched so many big bang episodes this deployment that I am not shocked that the theme song makes Buddy Bear smile and giggle. Yup my kid likes The Big Bang. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. It's on in the background I guess for him because 99% of the time I watch tv he can't even see it. As far as my tv viewing goes there could be far worse on. At least big bang is a rather clean show. This is clearly me trying to justify my excessive big bang viewership over the last 6 months.
- My Christmas decorations were up long before Thanksgiving. Don't Judge. If I had help I wouldn't have done it until after Thanksgiving but I had the time so I set it up. Could I have probably found time after Thanksgiving to do it, most likely yes. However, I'm happy it was done when it was.
- Duke with one big hit of his tail took out the bookshelf that was being held together with duct tape and a prayer. Classy I know. I have two new much prettier bookshelves that arrived a little while ago that took the time to put together. They are by the sofa table for now as the real place to put them is where the Christmas tree is currently set up.
- My plan was/is to clean and re-organize the house before Hubby comes home. Since our moved in 10 months ago we never really got this place up to par. Then I got left with a mess on my hands, a new baby, and two rowdy dogs. However I have managed to get some things done and maintained. However not enough for my liking. I guess it's not dirty but cluttered. I hate clutter.
- That being said the list of garage sale items is growing. The goal will be to get rid of everything for whatever money we can get. Anything left will be donated. Downsizing feels good.
- I have been doing various workout dvds as I
currently refuse to put my son in the ghetto post daycaredon't have access to a gym. The Tracy Anderson ballet style workouts make me more sore then I thought I would be. It's very low impact and if you can mimic the small changes she does throughout her workout you will feel it. That being said she is terrible at prompting you for the next move. It took me a while to catch on but now that I have I don't seem to mind it as much.
- Now that Buddy Bear is on a schedule life is much smoother around here. Things are predictable and I can finally get things done. I know this comes with him getting older but it's nice not feel like I'm drowning all the time.