Bad Idea!

Today people gave me that look.  That pathetic stare.  The one that lets you know that your an idiot.  Today I ventured out to run a few errands before the day could get away from me.

First up was the post office to mail no less than 6 care packages to hubby.  Yes, I am horrible and way behind at this.  I load them up on the little folding hand cart then wheel it around take the baby out of the car.  That's when I over heard the first comment.

"Wait, This should be good." 
- Laughed a Female cop standing against patrol car in the parking lot while motioning for her partner to look at me.


I get the car locked up and even managed to get everything inside the first door then I realize that I forgot the customs slips I filled out in advance.  So what do I do.  In all my brilliance I leave the hand cart stacked full of boxes inside while I quickly walk to the car to get them.   Why? because juggling that again with the car seat would have irritated me.  What happened next was far worse.

Note to self:  THAT WAS A BAD IDEA!!!!

Remember those cops I mentioned.  Yeah what they saw was a person leaving packages unattended in a crowded post office while the owner of them dashes to their car with her baby in tow.  

Yup they stop me.  I have to go through the rundown of what I am doing and why I left packages there all while watching me retrieve the custom slips from my car.  Thankfully I can laugh about this now but right after I was practically in tears as it was another things to add to the growing list of things to add to the days tally.

Comments