Dear Buddy Bear: 3 Months old

Dear Buddy Bear,

I can not believe that three months have flown by.  You are getting so big!  At just over 9lbs you are more than double your birth weight.  It's crazy the amount you have grown but everyone still keeps telling me you are a small little guy.  I suppose that's true considering all your cousins weighed at least eight pounds at birth.  I am just thankful that you are a happy and healthy little boy.




So you get bigger you are starting to show some clear likes and dislikes with a hint of stubbornness thrown in there.  I guess that is to be expected after all both your father and I are very much like that as well.  You have such a big personality for someone so small.



Some of your dislikes come as no surprise to me.  First up is Coco's cold wet nose on your face.  I don't blame you I hate it too.  Then there is your clear dislike of me reading you any of the Dumpy Books.  However you don't have any problem with your father reading them too you.  I will try not to take it heart.    You also hate being in a dirty diaper.  The second you go, you want it changed.  Yes it can get frustrating but I hope this means you will be easy to potty train.

You love snuggling, Duke, listening to books and tummy time.  I'm pretty sure Duke loves you equally as much as you love him.  He is always by your side.  Every coo or cry there he is to check on you.  I can not wait to see how you two interact as you grow up.  Some days the puppies, you and I curl up on the floor and I read to you from one of the many books we have in your nursery.  Tummy time has gotten more fun for you now that you surprise yourself by rolling over.

My favorite development this month is your smiling.  That is smiling more than just when you have gas. Specifically when you smile at me.


Quick Stats

Clothing size:  You are in 0-3m and 3m clothing.  Onesies and sleepers fit you reasonably well but the pants are still too big on you.  You are a tall, lean baby.

Diaper size:  You are still in disposable Newborn size diapers but you could use to move up to size 1.  I plan to move you into Cloth diapers just as soon as the washing machine is fixed.

Food:  You are still eating exclusively pumped milk.

Sleep:  You sleep in both your crib and in the pack and play.  You will sleep between 6-8 hours at night. You are slowly moving towards longer nap time throughout the day with your most awake periods being in the early evening.

Favorite Toy:  Your play mat seems to be a favorite.  Then again you love tummy time and since we use the play mat for it my best guess.

Favorite Book:  You love listening to anything I read even the newspaper.  However you seem to get pretty excited when you watch daddy's video of "dumpy and friends" by Julie Andrews.  You also seem to like "Little blue truck" by Alice Schertle.













Comments

Popular Posts