confessions of the week

There are a few things that I need to fess up to...


1.  I don't watch the news or read about anything going on with the war or the middle east or any of that while hubby is deployed.  I'd rather not know.  It keeps me sane.  What you don't know doesn't hurt you right?


2.  I may have put my son back into an outfit that had dried spit up on it after his bath because I couldn't remember which basket had the clean clothes in it and which had the stuff I'm comfortable hand washing until the washing machine gets fixed.


3.  Funny story... Remember that last post the one about my crazy overbearing mother in law and how she kept pushing me to try to nurse him when he clearly would have no part of it.  Yeah well the combination of vanity (I was lopsided from pumping) and some sound advice from someone in the blog world I decided to give it another go.  Without pushing him or cause any stress to either of us.  Well apparently hes a nursing baby now without any issues.  Well that is until yesterday when all he wanted was bottles.  I figured I will try again in a couple of days once he's recovered from him vaccination.


4.  I have refused to tell my mother in law about my above confession.  The last thing I need is her two cents on the topic of nursing.  Or the everyday phone calls asking about my breasts.


5.  I'm counting chocolate zucchini cakes as a vegetable....  For today at least.


6.  I did not pick up the dog dirt before the lawn guys came.  I'm terrified to head back there to pick up what remains.


7.  It's been three days since I have slept in a bed.  I miss it terribly.  Buddy Bear hasn't been feeling well especially in the evenings so we sit up and watch old movies...  Seven brides for seven brothers, 12 angry men, Meet me in st. Louis, and white Christmas.  Anyone wanna join?


8.  Speaking of White Christmas.  I may have been playing Christmas music in the car already.


I think this is enough confessions for one week... Off to prep dinner.

Comments

  1. I don't watch the news when Kyle is deployed either! I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its nerve racking. i just can't. i'd rather not know.

      Delete
  2. My kid always has spit up or food or something on his clothes. You're doin' alright! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch anything other than the Today Show (which isn't really news to me) while Joe was deployed. I will probably do the same thing next time, too. It's tough to handle.

    I'm so glad you've been able to get your little guy to nurse! Totally don't blame you for not telling your MIL, either. I'm sure it's a bit of a relief when he does nurse, though.

    By the way, I always get a kick out of the pics of meals you put on IG. I never cooked that much when C was a newborn, and my husband WASN'T deployed! So, many kudos to you. Even if your kid wears clothes with dried spit-up. ;) Mine wore pjs with dorito cheese on them the other night. We have our moments, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I can watch news just not anything about Afghanistan or the middle east. It worked last time and its one less thing to worry about this time.

      He has days where he only wants to nurse and days where he wants nothing to do with it. I take it as it comes. At the very least it is keeping my supply from totally disappearing. I'll take it.

      lol Thank you! you aren't the first to say that. It is hard to find time to cook but I feel better when I do. I prep everything before ever starting cooking. That normally means prepping during nap times and cooking later on in the day. I lose sleep or forgo other chores to do so. I also have more dishes at the end of the day for me to do. I don't cook everyday but I do cook in bulk the majority of the time so I can get leftover to freeze or for later meals. Now if only I made exercising as big of a priority ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?