Bump Update #15 - 28 weeks



Bump Update



How far along: 28 weeks, 1 day

Due Date:  August 18, 2013

Baby’s Size:   This is the only app tht wants to work so I guess the baby is roughly the size of an eggplant.



Total weight gain:
   Total weight gain is 4lbs at this point.  I am sure that will go up as the weeks progress and we get even closer to the end of this pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes:  I can still get away with some pre pregnancy shirts but I need to wear a tank top under it to make up for the gap where the shirt ends and my pants start.  I don't need my belly hanging out for all to see.

Sleep:   Sleep is coming and going.  Some days I sleep amazingly well and other I sleep like crap.  I am just so big and awkward now that it is hard to comfortable.  

Best Moment this week:  This isn't totally baby related but we had a very successful yard sale that will pay for several key items the baby still needs.  

Miss anything:    Wine, beer, and not having to worry about heating deli meats.  Then there is missing being able to do simple tasks with out feeling like I just performed some amazing gymnastics stunt when really all I did was bend over to close the dog crates.  

Food Cravings/Aversion:  Spicy borwn mustard lately hasn't seemed to sit well with me.  I think it may be because I have some terrible acid reflux that is aggrivated by anything with even the slightest amount of spice or acidity to it.  Who am I kidding... A glass of milk could give me heartburn lately. 

Movement:  Tons.  I have downloaded a kick counter app that my doctor recommended.  She would like me to randomly use the counter daily to see how long it takes to get 10 kick out of this little guy.  

Gender:  He is still all boy.

Belly Button in or out: Thankfully it is still in but it is really just a matter of time before it pops out.  Hopefully it doesn't look too strange!

Wedding ring on or off:  Sadly the swelling in the middle of the first trimester is the last time the ring fit me.  I haven't tried it lately but I doubt it will fit especially now.

Labor Pains: Thankfully nothing serious yet.  I get a few Braxton Hicks contractions every once and a while but no real ones. 

Parenting Classes: I need to sign up for 2 of these soon.  I want to take the breastfeeding class and the labor, delivery and after care class.  They aren't required to my knowledge but I figure it couldn't hurt to go.  I just hope hubby can come to them with me.

Belly Picture:  this is not the bet picture but it will do.  I think this shirt is going to be take off the list of things that fit.  Oh well.


Baby / Parenting Book I am Currently Reading:  I am taking a break from reading this week to give my mind a rest.  I feel like after reading about so many baby and parenting theories and practicies that I just need time to digest them and see where my own parenting philosophy is in all of this.

Looking forward to:    I have a doctors appointment next week.  We will also be taking a trip to Texas soon that I am extremely excited for!

This week’s Baby Task:  To find or buy new canvas' so that I can make the dang nursery art.  I am sick of the blank walls!

Comments

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?