Bump Update #14 - 27 weeks



Bump Update



How far along: 27 weeks, 1 day

Due Date:  August 18, 2013

Baby’s Size:   The baby is somewhere between the size of a head of Cauliflower (16in, 2.5lbs) and the size of a Rutabaga (13.6in, 2.2lbs).  He is getting bigger and bigger by the day!  Not too much longer now.




Total weight gain:
   I am holding steady at 3 pounds up.  According to my Doctor she wants me to gain no more then 10 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight.  Hopefully that's what I do.

Sleep:   Sleep is a million times better since getting an ultrasonic humidifier.  I can finally breathe at night.  To anyone having problem with their sinuses I highly recommend this little guy.  One bottle lasts me through the night if I allow the reservoir to fill and then re fill the bottle.  I have found though that only the bottles with the large screw top similar to the smart water or a soda bottle work best.  The others leak.  



Best Moment this week:  The cyber baby shower while slightly awkward was fun.  Thankfully a bath before the shower started helped keep the puppies calm.  We didn't intend for them to share a crate but Coco's blanket wasn't quite ready in time.  When we told them crate Coco snuck into his crate and since he didn't seem to mind so we left them that way.


Miss anything:    Runny eggs.  More than anything else I miss this the most.  Guess what I want after baby is born?

Food Cravings/Aversion:   I have been craving cheddar cheese.  Nothing special just sliced cheddar on a plate.  It's a go to item I am always in the mood for.  I haven't had anything turn on me lately which is a really good thing.  I am still avoiding shrimp though.

Movement:  A ton.  This baby doesn't like to sit still for very long.  I am wondering what all the pressure is from.  I am not sure if it just the weight of everything or if I am standing longer than my stomach muscles can handle.  I'm sure its a bit of both.

Belly Picture:  Here are the belly pics from yesterday before the baby shower.  While there hasn't been much if any growth between belly pictures, I certainly feel bigger and more awkward every day.  


Labor Pain:  I am having on occasion some braxton hicks contractions.  Just random ones every now and then.

Belly Button in or out:  It is still in but much shallower than it naturally was.  Hubby keeps joking that its going to pop. I hope it doesn't.  That might freak me out a bit.  

Baby / Parenting Book I am Currently Reading:  I finished Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs and have moved on to here book Baby Laughs.  It's a similar format of short stories.  Very easy to breeze through.

A Peek at the Nursery: While it isn't finished, it is getting there.  I need to create and hang artwork some day soon.  More like I need to find the blank canvases to do the project.  I also need to still purchase some key items like a changing pad, sheets, a bather, a swing, etc.  This list feels like it just keeps growing.   


Looking forward to:    My next appointment is at the end of the month can't come soon enough.  The yard sale we are having to lighten the load of crap we don't use is at the end of this week.  Hubby getting block leave very soon.  We are also planning a small trip while hubby is on block leave to Houston, TX. 

This week’s Baby Task:  I already organized and put away all the baby shower gifts I now I need to find the canvas for the nursery art.  I have been saying this for a while but since we are doing a yard sale on Friday I am hoping that we will stumble upon them.  I also need to push hubby to record the books for the baby before he leaves.  We also need to do some shopping for Baby A which will likely happen going to or on our way home from Texas as the taxes are significantly cheaper than here in Louisiana.








Comments

  1. I'm loving the nursery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! You're almost there. The end waiting game is always the hardest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?