A peek inside the nursery!

Here is a quick peek of what the nursery currently looks like currently.  Please excuse the green tint to the picture.  With yellow walls (not our choice, gotta love rentals) and the green glow of the curtains it throws off the colors in this room. I have felt this overwhelming need for this room to be just perfect before hubby leaves for deployment which is also only weeks before baby is due.  Much more on that later though.  For now lets focus on my nesting.

Since this is the first baby we needed to pick up furniture.  With any and all luck this is the only baby furniture we will need to purchase regardless of the number of children we have.  We had a long debate over whether or not to get a crib and as you can see my vote won out since I will be home with the baby.  We love this crib.  Ok I love it more but that's ok.  Regardless it works for what we need and didn't cost us an arm and a leg.  Thank You for sales at Babies r us.   The glider and ottoman were also on sale that day as well so we picked it up.  The cushions are a tan color if you were wondering.

This is the second layout of the room.  Once we got this monster of a toy chest we needed to make space for it so this is what we came up with.  Oh by the way that isn't really a toy chest.  It is actually one of those patio storage units that is meant to hold cushions and whatnot.  Hubby came up with the brilliant idea of using it as a toy chest because it is light and doubles as extra seating in the room.  It is designed to hold a 250lb person so I doubt there is anything this baby will do to it that could do much damage.  Overall I am in love with this new purchase.














While you can't really see it below is our crib bedding.  Thank you Target for your super cheap prices!  I hate to pay full price for anything and baby items are at the top of that list.  They are used for such a short period of time that it kills me to pay sooo much for something that will only be used for a few months.  Ok hopefully the bedding will last longer as it can move up with the baby into toddler bedding, but you get my point.







Not only were baby items beginning to fill the nursery but they seemed to be taking over part of the living room too.  Between prepping cloth diapers and washing the used clothing I bought you would think we were having triplets or something.  I assure that we aren't having triplets.  Rather the clothing I picked up ranges from newborn to 18 months.  Sadly what is pictured below needed to go somewhere.  That is when I decided it was time to start working on the closet.



More to come....

Comments

  1. Love it! The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was harder than I thought to find something to match the wall color.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Coming right along :) I like the toy chest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! We picked it up at Lowes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

Popular Posts